Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Magpul B.A.D. for AR10?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Magpul B.A.D. for AR10?

I did contact Phaze 5 tactical and tango 5, neither makes one for an AR10 citing the different varieties/manufactureres of AR10 type rifles, and that it wouldn't be cost efficient to make a different one for each/armalite/dpms/bushmaster/rra/not to mention the smaller boutique type manufactures. I also tried to find one from champions as MSH suggested, but couldn't find one.

Unfortunately, at this point, I still really want one, and am considering finding a machinist to custom make one for me.

I'd love to find one that I can buy off the shelf, but to date, I've not found one.
13 years 6 months ago #5592

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Arrow 4 on topic Re:Magpul B.A.D. for AR10?

This is a little off topic and I don't know if this is allowed on the Boards or not, but almost four weeks ago I started my own company selling tactical gear. If you guys see something that I am not carrying but should let me know, I can always use input. Check out the website.

www.emergingtacticalsolutions.com

Thanks

Arrow 4
13 years 6 months ago #5593

Replied by maddyn on topic Re:Magpul B.A.D. for AR10?

so say hypothetically someone were to start building BAD levers for the Armalite platform, how much would one be willing to pay? Also with the option for different colors(Within reason, black, OD, FDE...)

Just thinking out loud =)
13 years 6 months ago #5594

magpul charges $30 for theirs, I've seen them around this price point by others for the AR15. So if someone builds one for AR10 types, it would be reasonable to be a little higher, with the caveat that it fits, works and lasts. Different finishes shouldn't add that much. The ability of a maker to produce these at a reasonable cost would depend on his equipment and economy of scale. Although I think many would buy them, probably not many in mass production terms. I don't think it's a barn burner for MAGPUL either. Strange, since it's such a simple, effective device. I have a DPMS type gun, so I want one to fit that, not armalite. Although I think a good designer could come up with one that fits both types and thereby lower his production costs.
13 years 6 months ago #5595

Replied by The91Bravo on topic Re:Magpul B.A.D. for AR10?

Whoever makes them may have to offer different models based upon the receiver the buyer has. I would give $60.00 for a good quality one with a good fit and finish right now.
13 years 6 months ago #5602

Replied by Parco on topic Re:Magpul B.A.D. for AR10?

I was going through the Troy Industries site this morning and came across their version of a B.A.D. It looks like it be modified to fit the AR-10. I will call them on Monday. As a few of you found out the Magpul can't be modified. Will keep you posted.
13 years 6 months ago #5682

Replied by Arrow 4 on topic Re:Magpul B.A.D. for AR10?

If you decide you want one, I have a few in stock...

emergingtacticalsolutions.com/Ambidextro...se-AR-15-WETI001.htm

Arrow 4
13 years 6 months ago #5683

If we all bombard them with calls, maybe they'll make one.
13 years 6 months ago #5684

Does anyone know if the Phase5Tactical EBRv2 will fit the Armalite AR10? Their website shows that Brownell's carries them. I called Brownell's and asked this question. They said it fits the AR10 but did not specifically say the Armalite AR10. I ordered one on 1/7/11, it will be here on 1/13/11 :) . Will let you know. I did fax Phase5Tactical with the question about the Armalite AR10 fit but never heard back from them :blink: . Tried to send them a email but wouldn't go through :S.
13 years 3 months ago #6376

Good news for all for all of you that want a extended bolt release for your Armalite AR10 :) . I just received a telephone call from Ken at Phase5Tactical. They will have a EBR for the Armalite AR10 "in a few months". The EBRV2 currently offered is for the 308 DPMS, does NOT fit the Armalite AR10.
13 years 3 months ago #6377

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!