Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Carbine 6-Position Stock

• Thank you received: 0

Carbine 6-Position Stock was created by Policeman

Hey does anyone have a close up picture of the factory stock? I was looking at mine last night and it appears to be cheap plastic and the tube while appearing stock appears to be in at a very slight angle. In other words, not straight.

Thanks,

Po-Po
15 years 5 months ago #576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Carbine 6-Position Stock

Did your lower come directly from Armalite? My stock is hard/hi-impact plastic, on a metal tube. Seems as straight as can be to the eye. Looking from the back, what direction o' the clock does your stock appear to be angled? Is there any evidence of wear internal to the tube that would betray a misalignment ?

I'm working on pictures of my stock for comparison.
15 years 5 months ago #596

Replied by Policeman on topic Re:Carbine 6-Position Stock

Well damn! My attach picture-fu is weak as everything I attempt to post is larger than 600 bytes or is in bmp and not jpg.

Anyway where the 6 position tube screws in the receiver appears to be cross thread. I have an email into Armalite as I believe I have been sold a blem as a new factory original. :angry: It does not have the logo on the front of the magwell either.

It looks to be angled upward between 12 and 1.

po-po
15 years 5 months ago #597

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Well guys,

After being on the phone this morning to Armalite AND the dealer who sold it to me. I have come to the sad conclusion that I am no longer an owner of an Armalite Ar-10 carbine lower.

This was purchased as a new genuine Armalite Ar-10 according to the website of the dealer BUT he forgot to list or mention that it was genuine alright a genuine parts kit he put together to make a fast buck. (SOB)

Well it actually appears that he screwed the castle nut way too tight and almost stripped it out in the process. Its screwed right up against the buffer stop.

Well unofficially from Armalite my receiver was sold to said dealer not as a genuine complete carbine lower. It was sold as a receiver only and said dealer is putting parts kits on them but the 6 position stock I got appeared to be an airsoft clone.

The information about my lower came from sources inside Armalite who took pity upon me. Now when I get my money back as said dealer I WILL be buying directly from Armalite's website only.

BTW do not ask about the dealer I want my money.

Po-Po
15 years 5 months ago #599

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Carbine 6-Position Stock

Glad to see there is some resolution. Sorry to hear about the grief you've gone through thus far.

About the picture you wanted to post earlier. If you email me the pic I can resize it and post it in your thread. The file size restrictions are to keep the server space to a minimum.
15 years 5 months ago #600

Thanks that would help everyone see exactly what I am talking about. If you will provide me an email address I will send them to you.

Thanks,

Po-po
15 years 5 months ago #602

I am so sorry to hear that. That's what I was afraid of.

I know it can be more expensive to order from Armalite directly, but the peace of mind was worth it to me when I ordered from them, and I wasn't disapointed. A good rifle, especially an AR-10 was just too large an investment to dare go cheap on I figured.

From Armalite's perspective, I can understand this being exactly why the didn't release "Armalite" brand lowers for the longest time, only as "Eagle Arms". A reputation can easilly be tarnished by product that the factory was never responsible for.

If I had that sort of experience with a dealer I'd be talking to them about their pending fraud case. I hope you get your money back without fuss.
15 years 5 months ago #610

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Carbine 6-Position Stock

Here's the proof!

This image is hidden for guests.

15 years 5 months ago #636

Thanks Mlotzii for posting the pics. I just wish my camera would have take better pictures to show better detail.

Po-Po
15 years 5 months ago #637

That's painful to look at :(
15 years 5 months ago #642

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!