Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Froglube

• Thank you received: 3

Froglube was created by EndofDalton

Has anyone ever used Froglube CLP?
11 years 4 months ago #12793

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by mini14gb on topic Froglube

I have not used froglube? I use red high temperature axle grease on my Armalite. It just works and its cheap big time!!!
11 years 4 months ago #12808

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Froglube

I have been hearing about it, but not tried it yet.
I too would like to know if it is any good. I hear it smells like mint, which could be a big plus for concealed carry.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #12819

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Froglube

I looked into it on different forums but found complaints about the performance in cold weather so it got checked off my list. Everything else I read was very positive though so if cold isn't a concern go for it and let us know what you think.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 4 months ago #12823

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic Froglube

I use Frog Lube in my Stag Arms AR's and it works great. No problem in cold weather at all. I clean all my weapons inside and the fresh minty smell doesn't make the wife mad. The first couple times you use it you need to heat up the parts so it will soak in. After that all you have to do is give it a light coat and you are GTG. Carbon doesn't stick and it seams to lubricate well. I haven't tried it on my AR-10 yet because I am still breaking it in. I haven't decided yet if I will or not. I'll keep you posted.

BTW I live in Vermont and it gets pretty cold here during hunting season (28°F last night) and I haven't had an issue. Much colder than that and I'll have an issue. But really I have fired one of my Stag arms at 4° and it was fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by VTIT. Reason: added stuff
11 years 4 months ago #13031

so it really does smell like mint. that's cool.
11 years 4 months ago #13071

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic Froglube

Yeah my LGS gave me a sample and I have been hooked ever since. They sell a solvent now but I haven't tried it.
Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving.
11 years 4 months ago #13114

Got my sample today. Going to try it out on pistol and knife first, then see what it does to an AR10/15.
10 years 11 months ago #19682

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Froglube

Would you mind taking a photo or two of it and how you used it and posting a formal review of FrogLube?
10 years 11 months ago #19689

already working on it.

My local go to guy still don't have squat in stock, but his dealer box of FrogLube arrived. I Picked up a 4oz container of paste CLP.
FrogLube is American.

Directions are easy enough. Although there are several voodoo ceremonies that can be found online when it comes to applying lube, and FrogLube is no different, I chose to just follow the labeling.

It really does have a minty/wintergreen smell. Tastes a bit like those candles on birthday cakes, the mint is less noticeable as a taste than a smell.
Before anyone gets worried that I am in the habit of eating gun lube, Froglube is harmless. That is my main interest in this stuff. I want something I can use on camp knives that will be used to prepare food and eat with. Since I prefer a carbon steel knife for general outdoor use, rust is a concern.

Consistency is somewhere between wax and grease. It does have a slippery feel with a firmness to it. The paste readily turns more liquid as you rub it into the surface. Following the directions, I applied it to a couple of knives and my STI .45. It does not smear or finger print once a light buffing is done and even though the surface appears dry, I can still feel that something is there, slick but not wet.
Anyone familiar with 1911s can tell the difference between a dry gun and a lubed one when pulling the slide back. With no visible lubrication on the rails, my STI feels just as it does with proper oiling.

Still to be determined is how well this stuff will hold off rust with daily carry. Also, how long does this stuff last during use? I'll have to get out and shoot to see if it cooks off fairly quick or not. For a CCW piece, I estimate that if the FrogLube is still working after 200 rounds it should be good for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlotziii, Libertarian623
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mlotziii. Reason: added link to brownells
10 years 11 months ago #19691

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!