Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Idea.....

• Thank you received: 102

Idea..... was created by BUILDING MY SASS

OK I have an idea :unsure: , so lets see what You, The Members of AR10T think of this, especially the senior members....
I asked Mlotz, The Administrator, A.K.A The Boss.. :lol:, about opening a new category for the members here that own AR-15s and alike...that list is long...any way, it would be just for the members that want to discuss anything about their smaller ARs, but it is not to be a major category.....as to take precedence over our main topics...which is the AR-10s and it's variants and counter parts. It would be a (so to speak) sub category and a general discussion with no particulars...
Being we are DEDICATED to the AR-10, we don't want it to be come the over all subject and turn our Happy Home.. :cheer: in to another AR-15 free for all...there are many sites dedicated to that platform and if Mlotz approves of it, I will offer some other sites that you can go to (that are nice) well at least one... :lol: if you want to get in-depth on that platform....So many of the other sites out there have categories for the AR-10, but they are sub-categories, where as Our Main topic is the AR-10 and we will keep it that way.
I just thought it would be a nice convenience for our members to have the topic if they would have questions about them and would not have to go anywhere else to ask....
Again this is just an idea....but I personally would have to add, if he approves of it and make is happen, if it does become a problem then we would scrap it as to not take away from this sites Main goal and topics......The AR-10.
In coming up with this idea, I felt that taking a vote on it seemed the best way to get your input and if you feel like it is a good idea...but Mlotz is the the Administrator and it is essentially up to him to approve it...
So what say you my fellow members.....
Mlotz...if I have over stepped my bounds in posting this idea, I will apologize now and please Delete this thread....again if I have over stepped it, I apologize.

BUILDING MY SASS....
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 2 months ago #3031

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Re:Idea.....

Well 24hourcampfire.com has an AR15 sub category and they are really focused on bolt action hunting rifles. I think the Remington 700 is the most talked about platform on that site. Rimfirecentral.com has a centerfire sub category too and clearly that's not their primary focus. So the concept is certainly not out of line when looking at some of the other gun boards. On the other hand, while I visit both of those sites regularly, I almost never visit those subcategories. They seem off of what I'm looking for when I visit those sites. I think a good next step for this board is to expand to cover the other 308 AR type platforms (DPMS, LAR-8, Knights etc.). We already discuss them a lot anyway. But I really don't think about this much - so don't put much weight on my opinion.
14 years 2 months ago #3032

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Idea.....

I hate to even say it but the only way to make the site exciting would do like sniper hide did. I didn't find about this untill a student pointed it out but they have a smut page called hot girlfriends and it is R rated. What was worse is I know some of those people, past students. But smut sales! I hope we stay on the tech side and any project on an off the beaten path deal makes for good reading and new products always come from ideas. If they are in print its a better base to gather data and such to improve or invent new products. I would say run with it, it cain't hurt.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3033

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Idea.....

Personally, I have no interest in seeing a ar15 subtopic, think enough places out there deal with this. I do however, think the idea of subtopics for different ar10s (DPMS, ARMALITE, LWRC, etc) is a GREAT idea and very useful.
14 years 2 months ago #3039

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mrhog on topic Re:Idea.....

dpmsfulton wrote:
+1 what he said
14 years 2 months ago #3040

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Idea.....

I kinda like the subtopic of R rated girlfriend pictures
14 years 2 months ago #3041

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Foxhunter Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo let the other channel keep it.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3042

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Almost forgot there aint nothing techanical about hooters unless your a plastic surgeon.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3043

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Idea.....

DPMS F and Mrhog, gentlemen, we have those categories, they are under "The Rifle" and we those mentioned and many more, for the most part all the known brands, for the most part, may have to make one for the new Bushmaster..I am not trying to be rude, just wasn't sure you knew about them....
My intention are to have it for the many here that have the rifle and would like to ask a question or two...
I guess we will stand at 2 yeah and two nay.
Oh and Fox how do you feel about it....and on the other topic, hey, hey Keep it clean...LOL
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3046

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Idea.....

Well if I have to keep it clean, then I suggest leaving the AR15 discussion to the other sites and maybe just have links to the :P better ones.
14 years 2 months ago #3047

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!