Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Looking to buy my first ar 10

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Talon57 on topic Re: Looking to buy my first ar 10

Check out the Bushmaster LR .308 ORC. www.budsguns.com 1050.00 OTD

I've put 200 rounds through it and not one hiccup. Here's a picture of the rifle
4x12x40 Shooters Edge scope dial in. AR = American Rifle!
12 years 9 months ago #8207

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Scott on topic Re: Looking to buy my first ar 10

Hi, I this past month purchased my first AR-10T, I contacted armalite directly for my accesories and by sending in my military ID I was able to buy absolutely everything you could possibly want on a rifle that I intend to bench rest shoot and enjoy for really attractive prices. The customer care was top notch to say the least. I was treated like a king.
I know that as long as I do my part, such as proper barrel break in procedures, filling out and sending in my warranty info, and whatnot I will be well taken care of. One of the high points of armalite IS their customer care. prior to my purchase I looked into DPMS, Knight, etc. and Armalite came out on top. Not to mention the difference between machined and casting. Armalite does not outsource or use cast parts. If you look in a brownells catalogue, you will see that the DPMS listings are done in black numbering, and Armalite, in Gold. This means made in America. Welp, off my soapbox, have a great day.
12 years 9 months ago #8260

Replied by Bakul on topic Re: Looking to buy my first ar 10

So another question I now have is does it pay to buy say a cheaper version of the armalite AR 10 and then buy pieces to upgrade components to my desires or should I go all out with the version I would want to upgrade to? From what I can tell, I save no money going the first route.
12 years 9 months ago #8263

Hi again, I suppose it's time for me to put my money where my mouth is. This is what I wound up doing:
Got the .308 AR-10T (all black)
---sent in my Military ID by fax, and purchased the one piece scope mount, MI front and rear sights, five pack bundle of magazines, Harris swivel bypod, 2 each of the side mount picatinny's, and one for the bottom.
---Went to brownells (www.brownells.com) using my armorer's discount and picked up a Nationnal Match front sight post, Competitor plus sling, ladder style rail covers (you should use these if you have rails) Falcon Industries supported pistol grip, steel extended riser,bipod adapter, magpul target/sniper style adjustable stock ( I forget it's exact name, same item on the super sass model)
---Paid full price at Cabella's for the Winchester 2 gun case (I consider it a single gun case if you intend to have accesories) the Bushnell 4-16 Mil Dot reticle Dusk and dawn scope, and for fun the bushnell ACOG knockoff.

Yes, I dropped a big dime. However, I saved up to be able to do this. If I was unable to save up the money up front I would have done the exact same thing a little bit at a time.
I Knew the AR 10T was the exact rifle for me, and went from there. Basically I would reccomend comitting to a specific model, determine what you just have to have for it, and go from there. If youre a soldier like me, use your military discounts, you earned it.
12 years 9 months ago #8264

Overall, determine what your rifle's intended purpose will be. In my case I made my choices based on the desire for an incredibly accurate rifle to bench rest shoot and become proficient in long range game.
If you intend to use it for hunting or similar, you will want something that weighs alot less than my setup.
12 years 9 months ago #8265

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Looking to buy my first ar 10

I have been very satisfied with the performance of my Armalite AR-10, base model flat top, however my experience with their customer service was poor. They took forever to reply to my email about a deformed butt plate. I sent in the stock as requested, my expense, and had the same thing sent back to me after three weeks with no explanation. I sent another email but never heard back. I found a good butt stock on ebay for cheap so I haven't wasted anymore time with it. In the end I will still purchase more Armalite products though, the accuracy is just to good to ignore!
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 9 months ago #8270

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Hawk45 on topic Re: Looking to buy my first ar 10

How long did you give them to reply? And did you try calling them on the phone? I'm not downplaying your issue, but people today are so willing to give up if a business does not reply to their email fast enough (next day, two days, etc). Yet the thought of calling them seems so foreign b/c you would have to have actual verbal contact with someone. Then they bash a company for not being fast enough. If more people would just call and be done with it, they would have their answer in a few seconds and their issues resolved in a few days. But everyone wants to do things the "anonymous" way anymore. I bet if you call them they will take care of you.
12 years 9 months ago #8272

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Looking to buy my first ar 10

I'm sorry to say that I have had verbal contact, twice. Check my post " Armalite Customer service missing in action" for the details and timeline. I really feel I have made an honest effort to contact them, it is their turn to go out of their way now. I plan on purchasing another rifle and a pistol so if I ever have to call them for anything else I will bring it up again but I really don't feel like wasting anymore time on hold right now, I'd rather spend it shooting. I don't mean to bash them, I always point out that I am very satisfied with the performance of my rifle.
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 9 months ago #8273

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Hawk45 on topic Re: Looking to buy my first ar 10

I missed that in your earlier response, appologies. Agreed, you've made best effort on your part to resolve the issue, it's their turn to step-up. Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I'd rather be shooting too... then having beers. Cheers
12 years 9 months ago #8274

Hi, Im sorry to hear that happened to you. It's the exact opposite of my experience. I had up to date tracking on my packages, I was kept informed. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I was treated like a king. When you sent your parcel did you include a letterhead or use the armalite forms for parts return, get a tracking number, etc. ?
I will say this, I once built up a saiga .308 and went through Missisippi Auto Arms for my parts. That was a total nightmare.It was like they never heard of the word 'invoice" before. I was saying "why me" for about two months before it was resolved, and in the end I really didnt get what I asked for and it cost more due to negligence. That said, I see what you mean, however it really is the polar opposite of my experience with armalite customer care.
12 years 9 months ago #8276

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!