Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Addition to any range bag etc.

• Thank you received: 21

Addition to any range bag etc. was created by Moby

Among many things we keep in our range bags etc this is a product I feel is an excellent addition to mine. I was an EMT in the Coast Guard. And while I’ve been handling weapons for a long time some at ranges, while hunting, etc that might be careless. Accidents do happen. I pay close enough attention to avoid them happening to me but as an EMT I fixed up a lot of other folks. Never for a gunshot, but if one is going to be around guns this product can’t hurt. I’m sure many on this forum also have CHL’s. Never hurts to have this kind of stuff around. You are robbed and before you can shoot the bad guy you get hit also. A kit in your car can save you. I have a small pack I keep for IRT, Immediate Response to Trauma. I hope I never need it. At least for me. LOL Anyone else keep a kit for emergencies?

Anyway this is a great price on this product. 35 grams for $24.95. Add an Israeli bandage and some bandana’s and you might save a life. Maybe yours?

This stuff will stop a very serious bleed. It's called Celox. A battlefield wonder.

www.ebay.com/itm/160791474381?ssPageName...id=p3984.m1439.l2649
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Moby.
11 years 8 months ago #12029

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

Looks like a great addition to my OH SHIT bag. I've noticed some higher end first aid kits contain this stuff.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 8 months ago #12030

Replied by Moby on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

celoxonline.com/prods_celoxa.html

A little pricy but for saving a life well worth it.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Moby.
11 years 8 months ago #12034

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

Hey Moby, is this the same stuff as Quick-Clot? If so, then it should be stated-the chemical agent used to stop the bleeding does so by reacting with moisture to create a chemical burn that literally cauterizes the wound. We were all initially issued quick clot to add to our first aid kits in Iraq circa 2006...Back then it was a pouch full of the powder that was to be poured directly into the wound. What we learned the hard way-and many medics suffered for this-is that when you open the package, the wind would immediately blow the stuff all over you if you weren't careful, and the stuff reacts to sweat the same as it reacts to blood...A lot of guys got some pretty severe burns from using it.
Because of this, they started impregnating gauze bandages with it to reduce the effect of the wind blowing the stuff everywhere, but there is still some residual powder that gets airborne if you open the package in high winds. If this is the same stuff as quick clot, then be aware of this issue, especially if you are sweating-which you most likely will be if you need to use it.

Also-and again, I am saying this based on the assumption that this product is the same as quick clot-This stuff ain't for scratches! For one thing, it's going to HURT LIKE HELL! Remember, it's going to cauterize the wounds by means of a chemical burn. The pain involved, coupled with blood loss from the wound, can quite easily induce shock, and that can be a fatal combination. These bandages should be treated as a last ditch effort, when medical attention just simply cannot be had in time. The cauterization involved in using this product is going to leave an ugly scar, and can also further complicate medical treatment when available.

I should mention, in the military we were briefed that should we ever have to use this product on another person outside of a military situation-as in, on a civilian in the US...we could be susceptible to legal liability...yes, its a sad world we live in where you save a man's life and he sues you for it, but it happens, and it has happened to a medic that used quick clot on a civilian.

All of that being said, you are correct-this stuff can save lives. It's a lot better to have a chemical burn than to be dead, and getting sued is better than having a man die in your arms before you can get him help. These are just some things to be aware of.
11 years 8 months ago #12042

No sir this is a different product.
NO BURNS.

IT's something very different developed because quickclot had so manyu issues.
According to the manufacturer there is no addional pain.
11 years 8 months ago #12044

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

OK...right on. That's a good thing that they have come up with a better product. I'll have to check it out!
11 years 8 months ago #12047

I've ordered some and they give away a few "nose bleed" packets. When they come in we'll hook up for a beer and I'll give ya one. We can either wet your arm and pour some on it or you can snort it. LOLOLOLOLOL :woohoo:

I purchased a 35 gram pouch for $25 on ebay with some Isreali bandages. I figure having a Truama bag with this stuff in the truck is a good idea. My 13 year old daughter calls it a man purse. How do teenage daughters ever reach adulthood?
11 years 8 months ago #12049

I recieved the 35 gram pouch of Celox this week and added it to my Trauma BOB.
I'm still looking for Isreali bandages and a few other items in the event of a serious truama or GSW.

As I carry daily I feel it's a good idea to keep a trauma bag in the even I ever need to use my weapon. Should a loved one (or me) get hit I have an option to help rather than just apply pressure until EMS arrives. I also thought about handvcuffs. I'm former LE and should I even have to drop a dirt bag and he doesn't die I could cuff him (lets face it he's dangerous) then attempt to save his ass for legal defense reasons.

Now many (myself included) would tend to think let the AH die.
But what are your thoughts one this? From a legal/civil/moral defense, should I shoot to defend my life or family, should I attempt life saving efforts on an attacker?
11 years 8 months ago #12063

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

That's an easy one IMHO, ALL life is sacred, period. If we even start making distinctions between who lives and dies we devalue all life. If you shoot'em and don't kill then your obligated to assist if possible. If he bleeds out while you check your family or other bystanders first, oh well.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 8 months ago #12064

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

what is a good supply list for this kind of thing? Everyone in the army gets combat lifesaver training, control bleeding, restore breathing, treat for shock. Oh, and stabbing each other with IV's. But it is all very basic stuff to give a buddy a few extra seconds until the real medic gets there. I've thought about taking the emt course at the community college over the summer, but honestly medic stuff kinda.. one of those things that don't sit right with me.

currently, my little aid bag has pretty much the same stuff it did in the army. some tampons, compressed gauze, Israeli bandage, hemcon bandage, couple of those plastic tourniquets, a nasal airway thingy, 3-4 pairs of latex free gloves and that's pretty much it. anything else? suggestions advice? It is all welcome.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 5 months ago #12598

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!