Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Addition to any range bag etc.

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Moby on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

When I took my CHL class and started carrying daily I later took an IRT class. Immediate Response to Trauma. The course covered most topics as the name suggests. Gun shot wounds, flail Chest, massive bleeding etc. I keep a separate Trauma bag in my truck should the unfortunate ever occur. While many do not believe they'll ever need medical training my thought is if I'm going to shoot high powered rifles, hunt, carry a firearm, etc, knowing how to assist as best a non paramedic with a truck full of equipment can is a good idea. Range accidents are rare, hunting less so, and let's hope I never accidentally shoot an innocent in a CHL situation. But firearms have the potential for real life threatening accidents.

One of the items I didn't see on your list was Celox. It's a hemostatic that makers claim have stop femoral arterial bleeds in combat with a 100% success rate (no info to prove that). Under a microscope, Celox granules appear as flakes that have extremely high surface areas. When they come in contact with blood, those flakes swell and stick together to make a gelatinous clot. It stops bleeding by bonding with red blood cells and turning fluids to a gel, producing a sticky pseudo clot.

www.rescue-essentials.com/Celox_Hemostatic_Agent_s/103.htm
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Moby.
11 years 6 months ago #12603

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

It looks like the celox is as good as it gets for severe bleeding. So I guess my next question is, would it be better to have the granules or the treated gauze? maybe split the difference and get a couple of each?

I do have the bad habit of overstocking on unnecessary or needlessly redundant crap.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moby
11 years 6 months ago #12607

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Moby on topic Re: Addition to any range bag etc.

I have both. One 25 gram pouch a d one roll of gauze.
I also have. A few bandanas and 4x4 gauze patches.
All of this fits in a small bag I keep in my truck.
All stuff I hope I never need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13fcolt
11 years 6 months ago #12608

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!