Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My new favorite weapon light....

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

My new favorite weapon light.... was created by Sharkey

I've got a new all time favorite light for my weapons. It's the Streamlight Super Tac. Not an over-priced light at all and although it doesn't come with a pressure switch, one can be bought for it and this thing is killer.

So many lights scream "tactical" and have strobes and all different kinds of lighting features but I don't want any of that crap. I wanted a light that would go on when I hit the switch and pretty much burn a guys face off, sear his eye-balls and make him wish he had bathed in coppertone prior to going into places he shouldn't be.

Well this one is it. If you point it at a dog, all you have left is sore ears from the yelping and the smell of burnt hair in your nose and not only is it bright, but so far, it has held up for probably 500 slugs through my M4 and STILL keeps making the sun jealous with every touch of the switch.

It's probably a little bigger than some guys prefer but since I ain't "in the mix" anymore, I'm not real concerned with raids and catching my light on bushes or whatever and all I wanna do is wait till the moment is right and then BLAM as I hit the pressure switch and watch some mook burst into flames like a vampire in the sunlight just before I blast whatever is left of him full O buckshot...

I've got several of these now mounted on various things including one hanging by each side of our bed (for emergencies) and they are all kicking serious ass and I could not be happier to have bought the first one.

Very nicely priced and although no, it is NOT a light you want to whack someone with, it will take recoil all day and light the way as if walking down the streets of Vegas at midnight...

Without spending huge coin on anything super duper (if they are even better) I'm pretty happy with this light.

What's your favorite?

PS. When I start dumping rounds out of my M4, pretty much EVERYTHING weak will start falling apart all over the place including mounts for everything, lights will die, sights spring apart and anything else you have mounted takes a real beating even when lock-tited. I usually make about 100 shots and up to 200 whenever I go and if something stands up to that kind of abuse for more than 5 or 6 trips out, it's earned some respect in my eyes.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 4 months ago #30505

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic My new favorite weapon light....

Very nice!
10 years 4 months ago #30531

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Keefer on topic My new favorite weapon light....

OK, OK, you've convinced me Sharkey.

I would buy the light today if you could come up with an equally affordable way to nail it onto my 870 tactical.
10 years 4 months ago #30538

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Replied by Sharkey on topic My new favorite weapon light....

How are you barrel and mag configured? If you've got a photo, I might be able to help... :)
10 years 4 months ago #30539

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My new favorite weapon light....

That looks like a pretty good option for the money. For the price I can see one for the car and the bedside.
You asked so I had to list my favorite, favorite because it's the only true weapons light I have for my railed guns.
www.surefire.com/m962xm07weaponlightkit.html

I grabbed one cheap on ebay that had never seen use. The new LED lights put out more lumens for the battery life but I want to be able to use the IR filter for added range on night vision devices. I know it will do some eye damage, I accidentally blinded a Robin when I was outside playing with it one night, I felt bad watching the blind Robin run into things the next morning. :pinch:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 months ago #30541

Here it is:

Mesa Tactical makes a nice mount - but it costs more than the light. A couple others that I have found that were more affordable looked like they might not quite be up to the task.
10 years 4 months ago #30543

This message has an attachment image.

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Heck Keefer, I know it can be a pain sometimes which is why I moved away from it but I've got an Elzetta mount that will bolt on just fine to your gun. I'll give it to you.

Other than that, if you wanted to take the time to trick your shotgun out a bit, I've scoped a few quick things that would get you pretty much anywhere you wanted to go and if you took your time, piece by piece like I've done, probably not hurt much either.

Here's some pics - let me know if you like em and I'll post links.

The forend is from Brownells and only 59 bucks.

The offset tactical mount (which I use and is damn sturdy) is only $7.00 on Amazon and the rail covers are only $8.50 each and you would need one to cover your bottom rail and one on the left side of the forend to screw your pressure switch to and you'd be golden.

The Elzetta mount goes for about $40 new but if you think you'd be willing to give it a good home, it's yours Sir. Pics below.

10 years 4 months ago #30545

This message has attachments images.

Wow Sharkey, that's a generous offer. I'm not sure I could let you give the Elzetta mount to me though. I'm sure we could work something out. Do you think it has enough offset for the Super Tac light?
10 years 4 months ago #30546

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

give me a day or two Keefer and I'll dig it out and check....
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 4 months ago #30548

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Yes. It took me longer to find the darn thing than it did to check the fit but based on a side by side comparison of the light and how the Elzetta mounts to the gun, I see you ending up with more than enough clearance.

Also, I offered it for free. I have no need for it and am happy to pass along a kindness that you may be able to do for someone else someday.

It's either free from me or you can buy one online... You pick... :)

We're supposed to be family here Keefer. This is what family does.

PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail by the end of the week.

Sharkey
10 years 4 months ago #30584

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!