Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My new favorite weapon light....

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Keefer on topic My new favorite weapon light....

Thanks Sharkey
10 years 5 months ago #30793

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I looked around a little bit at shell holders this morning. I like this one quite a bit:

promagindustries.com/accessories/35--7-r...on-870-shotguns.html

Prices can be found in the upper $20 range. It installs be replacing two roll pins in the receiver with threaded pins. Installation seems to be straight forward. There is some mention of it only working with military length forends??? Would the stocke that came on my 870 Tactical be considered a military length forend?
10 years 5 months ago #30814

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My new favorite weapon light....

www.remington.com/en/product-families/fi...ction-model-870.aspx

They have lots of Tactical models! They don't explain it but if you compare the forends on the ones marked tactical with the hunting models they look shorter. I'd say if you have any one of the shorter versions it should be "military" length.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30816

Mine is the Express Tactical model. After looking at them - I think you are correct.
10 years 5 months ago #30823

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic My new favorite weapon light....

Looks like you are in good shape then eh Keefer? Good deal man. I'm looking forward to seeing this thing tricked out a bit... :)
10 years 5 months ago #30831

You and me both! I get this light mounted up and maybe next month the shell holder.... That's probably gonna be enough on that one for awhile.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Keefer.
10 years 5 months ago #30851

Well I finally got a little time to work on the light mount this morning. Installation was straight forward. Man the clearance is close. It is around 3/32" between the bell of the light and the barrel. Wow!

Thanks for all your help Sharkey. The shell carrier back-ordered. Oh well - something to look forward to.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Keefer.
10 years 5 months ago #31196

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Awesome set up Keefer. I'm tellin ya, there ain't NOTHIN like a big ass shotgun with lotsa blasting power when you find undesirables reachin fer yer goodies... :thumbs:

As for the clearance, I'm sure you've noticed you have some play which you needed to compensate for when placing the light into the mount. You could probably gain yourself another 16th or more if you took a little piece of rubber or leather and placed it into the mount on the gun side. Then lay the light in. Tighten it carefully to make certain it goes in evenly and then trim away any that hangs outside of the parameters of the mouth. That will probably gain you enough space to make the gap a little bigger so you don't have to worry about heat damaging the light.

I've messed with a lot of lights and am always screwing around with ideas and have found a lot of different ways to compensate for odd issues.

Great lookin set up and you KNOW I love that compensator... Imagine someone surprising you from around a corner, right on top of you with your gun at the ready and you jam that saw toothed bastid into his sternum as you discuss his inevitable surrender....yea, it's gonna be quick, messy, and well, a little one-sided from there on out... :laugh:

Glad I had something you could use Keefer. :)
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #31198

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic My new favorite weapon light....

If a persons offers you something useful... you should take it thankfully....... Without any pretentious groveling.... The act of giving..and receiving allows both parties to receive great blessings...... And Sharkey may possibly be in a Karmic crisis... Bad juju here.... So just take the bloody thing and stick it on your gun........
10 years 5 months ago #31221

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

lol All in good Karma Magi. He did, and he did, and I am in no crisis. In fact, feeling "almost" balanced lately... :blink:

Just "parts heavy" and light of heart... :)
10 years 5 months ago #31222

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!