Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My new favorite weapon light....

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Keefer on topic My new favorite weapon light....

PM sent. Thanks Sharkey - you are quite a guy!
10 years 5 months ago #30592

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic My new favorite weapon light....

Actually Keefer I'm a big, "keep out of my damn yard" SOB but I absolutely know what it's like to be low on greenage as you try to make everything as good as it can be and still keep the family fed.

I've got some old parts, you've got a need. Why haggle.... :)
10 years 5 months ago #30597

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic My new favorite weapon light....

Good Lord, now I recognize you-you're on The Walking Dead right? :usa:

Nice rig.
10 years 5 months ago #30640

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Negative. I'm the "Ain't GONNA be no Walkin Dead" guy... :laugh:
10 years 5 months ago #30653

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic My new favorite weapon light....

That setup looks mighty sharp. :drool:
Now, with a bit of expermenting, I could see those mounts doubled up, directly across from each other so You`d have a "Dual Head light" setup. :drool:
Probably`d need a dimmer switch then too. :rotfl: :cowboy:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 5 months ago #30686

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I have a railed forend so it would be a pretty easy thing to do but I think I am considerably different when it comes to setting up a gun or rifle than what appears to be the standard.

I like to keep the light on the opposite side of where my body and head are. WHY people like the light to be directly in front of their faces I have NO clue but if I were looking for a point of aim and a light suddenly came on, I'd aim at the light. If it;s on the same side as your head, well, you see what I'm getting at.

Guys like it on the same side as their head so they can press the light on and off with their thumbs which is ALSO not the way I prefer to do things since you have to A. Alter my grip on the weapon and B. either leave the light ON now or go back to "A" again to turn it off.

If it's dark, I prefer it to stay that way unless I want it lit up for a second or two or perhaps longer depending...

With a pressure switch, I can either hold it on comfortably or just blink it on when I need it AND, keeping my head on the opposite side of a point of reference, provide less of a target to whomever I am dealing with.

Other than that Marty, I agree, it would be quite a little face-burner with a pair of those bad boys on there. Too bad they don't make a dual light pressure switch... :laugh:

Keefer, your new Elzetta Light Mount is on it's way man. It shipped out priority mail this morning. Enjoy... :)
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 5 months ago #30701

Thanks Sharkey! I am really anxious to get that lighthouse on the side of my 870.

I ordered my light on Wednesday(free shipping) and it showed up today before lunch today! These guys really have it together.

I ordered some other stuff from a really big outdoors website on Tuesday (shipping was almost 20% of the product price) and it is scheduled to arrive next Monday.
10 years 5 months ago #30707

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Good deal man. It went out "priority" so it should be there in no time and you'll be up and running shortly thereafter.

Gonna need a photo when you're done if you don't mind so we can see the results... :thumbs:
10 years 5 months ago #30708

Oh yeah - I will post some pictures. I'm thinking about a shell holder as well. Any thoughts along hose lines?
10 years 5 months ago #30718

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

I prefer the "Side Armour" 8 shell for mine but it's not for everyone. With my 8 shell on there and my "household" capacity of 9 in with an empty chamber and 8 on the side saddle, that gives me 17 rounds of various types for an emergency which should be far more than enough - if not of course, I have a few bandoliers hangin around... :laugh:

There are actually MANY options though and I've seen a lot of people have been talking about the velcro shell holders.

I believe you would have a velcro pad mounted on your shotgun and then several different 5 shell holders loaded with various rounds and you can change and or re-stick a fresh one on quickly after emptying the first.

Nice concept but not what I chose for mine.

If you have a chance of waking up and finding deer in your yard or coyotes though, it would give you a chance to grab a different pack based on unpredictable shooting situations or of course, if you are into competing.

You really need to just google shell holders for your 870 man. Find one that fits your budget and your needs. Mine came with the top rail and is detachable but certainly no cheapy - I waited FOREVER for a deal on it though it seemed.

Let me know what "type" you think might work for you and I'll be happy to help you look around. I've got a lot of experience hunting for deals.... :)
10 years 5 months ago #30737

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!