Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Bipods

• Thank you received: 6

Bipods was created by Moreau

I've been looking at bipods and was just wondering if the Harris bipod is that much better than, say, a Blackhawk bipod. The Harris is substantially more expensive and I was just wondering if it was really worth the difference.

Thanks,
Joe
11 years 1 month ago #21559

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Bipods

I don't know anything about the black hawk bi-pod so I can't say anything about it. I have been using Harris for over 20 years and while I can't complain about the quality, they have gotten rather outdated. If I were buying a bi-pod right now, I would be saving my caps for an Atlas bi-pod. Pricey, but I only used one for 15 minutes on a buddies rifle, and I was sold.
If you are wanting to get a low cost bipod to get you by while saving up for a better one, the blackhawk might work for that. I just don't have the first hand experience to make that recommendation in good faith, and I don't want to steer you toward junk.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10-76
11 years 1 month ago #21561

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Bipods

I have a UTG budget bipod, just don't expect them to last or take the beating a more expensive one will. You get what you pay for.
11 years 1 month ago #21573

Replied by Moreau on topic Bipods

Harris Engineering 1A2-BR Hinged Base 6 - 9-Inch BiPod $67.30 with amazon prime free shipping.

BLACKHAWK! Sportster Adjustable Bi-Pod, 6" - 9" $38.47 with amazon prime free shipping.

Most of the Harris bipods I've seen were much more than this one. Is this one the poopoo? Ideally I'd like to be able to swivel and rock, not sure if those are the correct terms. I thought I would have to drop around $100 for a Harris but $67.30 isn't that bad I guess. Any thoughts?
11 years 1 month ago #21574

Replied by Moreau on topic Bipods

WOW! That's an expensive bipod, but it does look like it's built like a tank!
11 years 1 month ago #21575

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Bipods

I'm glad to see you use Amazon Moreau. Just as an FYI, if you use this link whenever you go to Amazon, AR10t.com gets a percentage and it adds NOTHING to your end at all. Everything is still the same but the site makes a lil money off everything you buy.

I have both my wife's and my own accounts set up thru it and if we could get all our members to do it, it could very well help us be able to afford some good contest prizes and other "perks" and stuff for members someday.... :)

Here's the link - www.amazon.com/?ref=ar10-20
11 years 1 month ago #21581

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Bipods

I use Harris bipods and I've also seen the Blackhawk version. I don't think the Blackhawk version is exactly garbage, but you have to realize that Blackhawk sells everything from bipods to boots. A la Wal-Mart, they buy everything in bulk and that allows them to sell products at a lower price versus Harris, a much smaller specialized company that probably has to deal with a lot more overhead, which is reflected in the mark-up of their bipods.

Also key in the price comparison is the fact that Harris' are 100% US made. The Blackhawk bipod is probably made overseas, given the price difference.
RLTW
11 years 1 month ago #21598

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Bipods

I use a Harris 6-9" bipod on my AR10. My FN SPR has a TangoDown model
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
11 years 1 month ago #21600

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Bipods

I've heard good things about the TangoDown. How's it working out for you?
RLTW
11 years 1 month ago #21602

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Bipods

Works very well........Iam using a MasterClass pillar bedded McMillan A2 stock. Since the stock had a Freeland rail, the TangoDown AC model was a good choice for me.

**I had actually bought the TD bipod for a M1A I had in a Sage chassis. Got tired of messing with it, back to an AR10 for me!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by faawrenchbndr.
11 years 1 month ago #21608

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!