Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Bipods

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Bipods

I have a slight variation of this with the monopod locked and my hand wrapped around it, feels more secure and locked in.

I can also unlock it and just roll my hand to do fast adjustments, similar to using a sand sock.

I could always leave it folded and not use it.

I like options, especially if I don't know where/what position I might be taking a shot from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by SOC.
10 years 4 months ago #33176

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by MsgtBill on topic Bipods

Evening. I have been using Harris Bipods for over 30 years and they have never failed me yet. True they do cost a bit more but, to me, the quality was always worth it. I started using them on a 700 Remington 700BDL 30-06 and they were steady as a rock and I currently have one on my new Ruger SR-762. It is steady but I am a bit unhappy that they do not make one that will clamp directly to the rail. You have to buy an adapter that emulates a sling swivel stud and the bipod locks onto the stud, same as the first one I used. Since they are so popular with the AR people you would thing that they would make a directing mounting unit but maybe in the future.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by MsgtBill.
10 years 2 months ago #35783

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bipods

I've always wondered why Harris didn't get into the rail game myself........
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 2 months ago #35790

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Bipods

Harris follows the old business philosophy, "produce one thing and do it better than anyone else".
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 2 months ago #35794

• Thank you received: 78

Replied by That_Guy on topic Bipods

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but Vanguard makes a really nice one. The Equalizer Pro has a spring pivot so you can cant the rifle any way you need and the rubber feet have small spikes in them. To deploy the spikes you just twist the feet until the spikes are out to where you need. It's what I'm using for my rifle build.
10 years 1 month ago #35798

Vanguard,......those bipods are exceptional in quality. Very deeply rooted in the sport hunting community. As far as tactical type bipods,......the Atlas is the best I have tried. I have a TangoDown that I like as well, but not near as adjustable as the Atlas
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 1 month ago #35801

• Thank you received: 78

Replied by That_Guy on topic Bipods

If anyone is looking for a bipod on the cheap, look up EODUSA. Vanguard Equalizer 1QS for $67.25 +$9.95 S/H and several others at very nice prices.
10 years 1 month ago #35802

The Harris is the "gold standard" by which most bipods are judged by. It has been on ranges, hunts and in combat. Harris is the most popular bipod for a good reason.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 1 month ago #35805

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!