Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Troy Indust. Claymore Muzzle Brake

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Troy Indust. Claymore Muzzle Brake

Just use a faster burning powder. The more it's burnt up by the time it leaves the muzzle the less flash you'll get.

IMR 8208 XBR

If you like/familiar with using Varget you'll find 8208 will show more pressure for the same velocity.
10 years 4 months ago #33291

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Troy Indust. Claymore Muzzle Brake

I would like to get the barrel on my AR10 threaded for a muzzle break and have been watching all the threads on opinions from people that have tried the different breaks. I`m a watching this one too. LOL
Have`nt decided if I want a break or if I want a flash hider style of a device. Trending more towards a break though.
One funny incident.
My Nephew and I took the AR10 to the range. There were other shooter firing from the covered benches so He and I waited until they were done and had checked their targets and He and I set up Our targets.
When the neighbor to Our left got done shooting their M16/AR15 variant then Erik took a turn with the 10.
After He got done shooting I heard the youngster next to us exclaim to His dad, "Dad, that was`nt an M16, was it ????? :rotfl:
Even a youngster about twelve or so could tell the difference between the two calibers.
Shooting in the open with this carbine is loud but when shooting from under the roofs is really loud and so I do`nt think a break could be much worser. :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 4 months ago #33293

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Troy Indust. Claymore Muzzle Brake

Function tested and sighted in my last build at an indoor range. I have a JP Enterprises comp on it. A shooting buddy was four lanes down he stated it was the loudest damn thing he had ever been around. Only shout seven rounds, two to ensure function. Then five to get it zeroed at 25m.

Never shot in indoors again, took it to an outdoor range after that. Personally, I Taylor the rifle to MY needs and desires. I do not care about the concussion to others. When I set up at arrange, I generally shoot comped rifles on off days, very early. Rarely do I not have the range to myself. If there are other shooters, I let them know what I am shooting and that it is comped. I also set up on an end lane.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 4 months ago #33294

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Troy Indust. Claymore Muzzle Brake

One priveleage of living in a smaller community{8,000 or less} is that there are not a lot of people going to the range.
Most any day it is rare to have anyone else at the range at the same time. :busted: :rotfl:
I LIKE!!!! That. :cowboy:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 4 months ago #33296

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Troy Indust. Claymore Muzzle Brake

I really like the PWS FSC, it's an efficient break with good flash suppression.
10 years 4 months ago #33351

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!