Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

m1a ammo and mags

• Thank you received: 0

m1a ammo and mags was created by chas2c

Anyone know where to get 7.62x51 ammo and mags for m1a springfield rifle
11 years 2 months ago #16726

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic m1a ammo and mags

:dry: Ummm, you used to be able to find ammo and mags online and at local gun shops and superstores. But because of the big scare of the anti gun bills congress is looking at now, everything semiauto weapon, ammo and magazine related are hardly anywhere to be found.

So good luck finding anything :laugh:
11 years 2 months ago #16730

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic m1a ammo and mags

You can see how everyone's bitching about it on the forum here:

www.ar10t.com/forums/10-moa/12989-no-guns-no-supplies
11 years 2 months ago #16731

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic m1a ammo and mags

First I'd like to throw out a "WELCOME to the forum"... :welcome:

2nd, it really is a VERY tough market right now Chas and what you need to do is just scour the internet relentlessly and IF you find something you need, grab it while you can. Nothing is lasting very long and as for resources, we are all essentially in the same boat.

We're ALL looking for pretty much EVERYthing when it comes to shooting supplies and when one of us DOES happen to bump into something good, we try to keep it off the boards and pass it only via PMs to preserve the resource for members as long as possible.

If you happen to come up with anything, please mention it and pass it around quietly and we'll do the same for you.

Again, Welcome to the boards and feel free to join in the agony of a massive panic market.

I'd love to see some pics of your rifle though if you have any. We just love rifle pics... :evil:

Sharkey
11 years 2 months ago #16732

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic m1a ammo and mags

:welcome:
I've been away from the AR10 models for a bit. Took a slight detour to the greener pastures M1A land.

Got one set up rather well, Sage chassis, the whole deal. Found out that the accuracy of a M1A was about Hal of what the AR10 is. So, I got out the lawn mower, cut the grass and here I am.

Mags, I always did well on M1Aforum.com, 44Mag.com, and GunBroker As for ammo, good luck. I have a good amount as I have been setting ammo aside for years. My Loaded M1A model loved 168gr Black Hills Match and it shot M118LR very well also.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by faawrenchbndr.
11 years 1 month ago #17858

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic m1a ammo and mags

You can find a mag on ebay, if price is not a concern :sick: :pinch: :( ........they are still about double what they sold for pre-scare. If your not in a big hurry I would wait, some of the higher priced ones are starting to go unsold, my bet is they will cheapen some in time.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 month ago #17867

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!