Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Billary Klinton 2016

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Billary Klinton 2016

Good stuff Libertarian :I-agree:
Both sides in the House and Senate have too big a chips on their shoulders. And are too beholden to special interest money.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Siscowet.
10 years 11 months ago #23663

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Billary Klinton 2016

I see your point JT, but I think for the last 10 years and for the next twenty plus
the to are locked together.
10 years 11 months ago #23664

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Billary Klinton 2016

#4: Consensus can often be a good thing. What happens all to often is the objective is lost in reaching consensus which is to WIN. Politics seems to bring about consensus in which both parties LOSE. I have done a lot of work on both sides of the table in contracts and high dollar efforts. My goal is always to win and I want you to also win. If we both give up our goals no one wins in spite of reaching an agreement.

#5 Free trade and free market: Both are becoming failures and are doing so because the govt is involved. The govt is playing middleman in free trade efforts. This is insane. Party A and Party B do not need govt interference to nego a deal.

Free market is capitalism, something govt wants to control and if they cannot control it they want to kill it. Capitalism is the ONLY economic activity that is organic to all of human kind. ALL other forms of economic activity are govt sponsored, controlled and developed and not a single one has ever been successful, EVER.

#6 Dodd Frank is just the govt trying to control capitalism and its a disaster. If it moves the govt regulates it and taxes it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 11 months ago #23679

Sis your right getting rid of special interest groups would do a lot of good.

Ole Cowboy- I am going to use that line (Capitalism is the ONLY economic activity that is organic to all of human kind) if your don't mind. It says a lot with few words.
10 years 11 months ago #23710

Please do;

You might be challenged, if so then here is your reply:

A LONG time ago a man killed game and as he was heading back to camp with a hindquarter over each shoulder he came across a man that had gather 2 baskets of berries. They looked at each other, each wanting what the other had. Then they both spoke: I will trade you berries - hindquarter for your hindquarter - berries. They smiled at each other and capitalism was born on some African plain at the dawn of mankind... It is truly the only natural form of economic activity that will arise out of interaction with others.
10 years 11 months ago #23725

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Billary Klinton 2016

This is exactly why I spend so much time on this forum! Excellent points, I'll never be able to think about free trade issues again without seeing the image of two hairy guys trading grub. I was never a fan of NAFTA because I saw it as us handcuffing ourselves when dealing in the world market. My dilemma is the idea that only a one world government could insure "free trade". What is the answer when dealing with the hairy guy that lines the bottom of his berry basket with stones? Isn't this the origin of "government"? Something created to deal with the issues of inequity in a trade? Can we ever have true "free trade" without a 100% "honest" society? I fear that true "free trade" may just be another Utopian pipe dream....... :soapbox:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23729

The answer to your question is YES WE CAN!

The other day one of the places where we sell our products contacted me and asked if it was OK to put in a competitor if they were a long ways from us.

I laughed and said please put them next to me, I LOVE competition I am a capitalist. If they have better products I will improve mine, if they are cheaper then I will raise my prices sell the best.

As for the guy with a basket of berries with rocks under the berries YOU won't buy from him again, but my berries are the best, top quality and my basket weighs more than his, you get better value, you get more and you get the best quality and service, I deliver!

The min the govt steps in and starts to regulate that begin to fall apart. Study the USSR and you will find out that it was govt regulations that crushed them. The govt could do nothing right, their govt cars fell apart, light bulbs did not light, workers did not work and we are seeing the same thing as our govt takes over more and more industries.

Profit has become a bad word, Big Oil makes to much money, Apple makes too much money or do they?

Who makes the MOST PROFIT of any company in the world???????? And you will NOT find the answer here: GLOBAL 500 Our annual ranking of the world's largest corporations. money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global50...s/companies/profits/

So who does make the most profit? The US GOVT Student Loan Program, $51 BILLION. Yet the price of college has gone up over 122% in the past few years. Can you get a loan from a private bank...NO the only college loans come from the FEDS...THIS IS WRONG. Want college to be affordable for all, get the feds and loan programs OUT OF IT.

We have been in a recession for how many years now? WHY? Govt intervention. Govt needs to be out of it and out of our lives.

Why does the govt manage marriage? Show me in the Constitution where the govt controls marriage. Or the current IRS scandal over tax exempt 501 3 c corps. WHY?

Home mortgage deduction, WHY?

I can go on and on. The Constitution does not give the govt the power to give me a home mortgage deduction. 27,000 pages of tax laws, this is CRAZY. How about a national sales tax of a flat 15% or so...NO IRS, NO forms to fill out.

Up until a few years ago the US was the engine that drove the world economy, we put a man on the moon and explored the deepest part of the ocean. Then the govt wanted to control it all and the US and world has been on a downhill slide ever since. EPA Regs, ACLU, Dodds Frank, so many FEDERAL laws that even the feds do not know how many laws and regs there are and in fact have been trying to count them and cannot.

1 out of every 3 dollars is what it takes to support the govt and that is growing. By the end of Obama's rule it will be approaching 1 out of every 2 dollars and growing. We are on our way to collasping just like the Soviet Union did...

Its not about gun control or safety of us and our children, its simply about CONTROL...
10 years 11 months ago #23733

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Billary Klinton 2016

My 106 year old grandmother died in 2003. She would scold anyone that complained "Look what we used to do! I started my life without electricity and indoor plumbing, when my generation hit their 70's we had a man on the moon! Get off your ass's and do something!" She started having heart issues at 99, the Dr. asks her when the last time she had seen a Dr.? She looked at my 64 year old father and said " The only time I ever saw a Dr. was when one came to the house to help deliver you twins."
They were either tougher, smarter, or both!
I was amazed how little the downfall of communism was discussed in my recent educational foray. I had to constantly remind instructors of the death toll inflicted from central planning. I also realized very fast the student loan program was nothing but a lure with a hook, meant to catch you for life! It broke my heart to see these young kids spending the thousands they have leftover on their loans for luxury things like trips at spring break. The school actually encourages the behavior. I scrimped and paid as I went from my disability check, it might have cost me $8,000 total and I took 4 extra classes. Most of my classmates are walking away with debts near $20,000 with rates twice what I can get privately????? Why do we let the banks prey on the young and own them for life? Will the banks be allowed to sell these people to the government(bailout)? This seems to be one of the plans for control to me.
Pray everyone wakes up before the blood flows deeper. :soapbox:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23738

Banks cannot loan money for college, that is gone only the FEDS can.

"There is roughly somewhere between $902 billion and $1 trillion in total outstanding student loan debt in the United States today. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York reports $902B while the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau reports $1T." www.asa.org/policy/resources/stats/

"Feds take over student loan program from banks
Published 4:00 am, Tuesday, March 30, 2010

President Obama will sign a bill today that ends a 45-year-old program under which banks and other private-sector lenders such as Sallie Mae receive a federal subsidy for making government-guaranteed college loans.

Instead, the U.S. Department of Education - which already makes roughly a third of these loans through its direct-lending program - will make 100 percent of them starting July 1."

Read more: www.sfgate.com/business/networth/article...88.php#ixzz2U3Gmh7Ix"
10 years 11 months ago #23741

Ole Cowboy is right, only through the feds. This is the next BUBBLE look out when 15 million college graduates with 1 trillion in debt decide they aren't gonna pay. What happens then, do a search over at yahoo finance before you answer.
10 years 11 months ago #23760

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!