Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Billary Klinton 2016

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Billary Klinton 2016

US Student loan debt: $998,000,000,000. It will hit $1 Trillion by next week: source Federal Reserve: www.usdebtclock.org/#

Surging Student-Loan Debt Is Crushing the System

Published: Wednesday, 27 Mar 2013 | 5:52 PM ET
By: Scott Cohn
CNBC Senior Correspondent

Student-loan defaults surged in the first three months of 2013, while efforts to collect bad loans are faltering, according to credit analysts and government audits. It is the latest twist in a college debt crisis that is hanging over recent graduates and dragging on the broader economy.

Credit-rating firm Equifax said $3.5 billion in government and private student loans went bad in the first three months of 2013, the most since the company began keeping track. The U.S. Department of Education said 6.8 million federal student loan borrowers are now in default, representing $85 billion in debt. And the department's systems for collecting the bad loans are struggling to keep up.

www.cnbc.com/id/100598257
10 years 11 months ago #23763

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Billary Klinton 2016

OK, a "student loan" may be all government administrated or something but my bank agreed to loan to me if I needed so I threw away all the papers the school tried to get me to fill out. A student loan can be a private loan, there is no law forcing you to borrow for school or telling you who you have to borrow from, only a well established bureaucracy that pushes the government controlled system, hell they even made me take a class about how to get food stamps! The local bank no longer gets a subsidy or guarantee for a school loan but they were way under the government rate on what they offered me and would have been happy to give me the loan.
I agree it will be a bubble to burst, wish I could know for sure it was next so I could short the appropriate funds. Any guesses how long before the youngsters decide to stop paying in mass or will it just be part of the slow natural decay we are experiencing now? Drip by drip the liberty floats falls away...........
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23765

What your bank did was make you a personal loan. That is legal but FDIC banks can no longer make student loans. If your bank is private then they are exempt.

Don't worry about the bubble bursting, its won't, but YOU as a taxpayer is gonna stop it...

"Obama Plans to Expand Student Loan Forgiveness

Billions of dollars in student loans could be forgiven over the next decade, under a proposal in President Barack Obama's budget to expand the program's income-based repayment system.

Student advocates are enthusiastic over the prospect, but critics complain the expansion could extend a program that already encourages young people to borrow too much money and leave taxpayers with their college bills, reports the Wall Street Journal. They also say forgiving debt gives a taxpayer gift to people who need it the least, such as attorneys, doctors, and other white-collar people with graduate degrees.

The program already allows most borrowers with loans issued since October 2007 to make payments equal to 10 percent of their income after taxes and basic living expenses. After 20 years of on-time payments, or 10 years for people working in public or nonprofit jobs, the rest of the balance is forgiven.

The program was originally created in 2007 during the George W. Bush program, with payments limited to 15 percent of income and to continue for 25 years.

Obama wants to open the program to all those who borrowed before 2007 as well, and make the part of the loan that is forgiven become tax exempt, as loan forgiveness is normally considered taxable income.

Advocates say the expansion can help curb rising defaults on student loans without harming households and the economy.

But on Thursday, House Republicans and Senate Democrats introduced bills to replace the current loans' fixed rates with variable rates based on the government's borrowing costs.

The House bill, proposed by Education Committee Chairman John Kline, R-Minn., sets rates higher than those in a plan by Democratic Sen. Richard Durbin of Illinois, but caps them so they don't go over a certain threshold. Without the measures, the rates on some new federal loans could double to 6.8 percent on July 1."

Read more: www.newsmax.com/US/obama-student-loan-fo...2013/05/10/id/503865
10 years 11 months ago #23770

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Billary Klinton 2016

The note they tried to get me hooked up with was 6. something in 2009, I didn't qualify for the cheap loan because I own my home, the reason I got a 4.25 rate on a line of credit from the local bank! Really giving the students a break on the fed plan.........
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23772

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Billary Klinton 2016

As far as defaults, the curve will look like a fireman's hat.
10 years 11 months ago #23814

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Billary Klinton 2016

I read somewhere a few months back that total US student loan debts now are higher than total US credit card debt.
10 years 11 months ago #23820

Student Loan Debt: $997.8 BILLION

Credit Card Debut: $843.3 Billion

Source: US Federal Reserve...
10 years 11 months ago #23827

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!