Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Please be mindful that there are many different views on the forums. The only thing we all agree on is the AR-10 is an awesome rifle!

Army restarts road to replacing M9 pistol

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Army restarts road to replacing M9 pistol

Lib, not true, (but it was just your choice of wording that was wrong). Tier 1 units will use what they NEED. Its a total myth that these guys just run down to Bud's gunshop and pick up whatever they want every morning in guns and gear.

Their whole world is driven by MISSION accomplishment and if they NEED a Daisy Air Rifle then they procure it.

Now what most folks do not know is that other units can also do this, the difference is the Approval chain. Tier 1 has local Command approval (there are $$ limits that take the next level up in the chain of command to approve, I do NOT know the limits)

As a Captain in the 1/9 Inf, 3rd Brigade 2nd Infantry Div, I had an expense account that allowed me to procure outside the military logistics system...in 1978!

Could I procure a HK 45 cal, sure. I would have got a lot of questions up the chain wanting to know why the 1911 would not work and I would have had to write a lengthy justification.

When I was a Major I could spend up to $25,000 outside the military system.

NOTE: More folks go DOWN than you might imagine. First thing the CoC looks at is your mission. You have to show were you mission would be seriously affected without X and show where a need for X supports the mission.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
8 years 7 months ago #45778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!