Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Reloading Presses

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by AR260rem on topic Re: Reloading Presses

BMS, thanks for the "organizational" advice, I think I may look for some of those bookshelves you mentioned, great idea. Been wanting to finish that room in my basement and planned to build some permanent shelving then, but that is a great idea in the interim. My dad also mentioned needing a center support to hold up the current shelves, there are a lot more canisters on it than when I installed them :)
12 years 2 months ago #10664

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's too bad, I'm not sure about some of the RCBS stuff. With that hand priming tool I had, the priming tray would just fall out of the tool and I would end up with 100 primers on the floor everywhere :angry: . Didn't even have it 2 years. Replaced a Lee hand primer that I used for 10 years. Now I have another Lee, the XR, and it works great, an improvement over the original. At the same time my RCBS powder dispenser and case trimmer work great. Same goes for my Ammomaster 50 BMG press, so far so good.

The Hornady LNL AP I have I really like. I did spend a little time getting it all adjusted and there were some hiccups when it was new, but now it runs pretty flawlessly. I can comfortably crank out 400 rounds of pistol an hour, including loading primer tubes, measuring charges in every 20 or 30th case. I usually use the powder cop die when loading just in case. I don't have the case or bullet feeder, read a lot of mixed reviews on both. May wait till Hornady does some further refining.
12 years 2 months ago #10665

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Reloading Presses

Re-enforce the shelves with L brackets...and screw the ends of the frame together, this will help support the design of the book shelves.....and LOL.. :laugh: Listen to Your Dad... ;) :whistle: :pinch: :laugh:
But very nice set up you have...wish mine was a big... ;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
12 years 2 months ago #10683

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by lkydvl on topic Re: Reloading Presses

If you are still looking for a Co-Ax I have one for sale. In excellent condition -$225. I can send you pics if interested.

Andre'
The following user(s) said Thank You: AR260rem
12 years 1 month ago #10772

Andre, thanks for the great offer, sorry I just saw it :(

I did end up getting a Co-Ax press, I got a special pricing offer from Midway and paid $235. It actually came in weeks ahead of time, had it about 2 weeks ago.

So far I've loaded 300 RUM, 223, and 260 Rem with it and love it! It is so much faster and easier to change calibers than my old press! I love how the case self centers in the die. I'm not sure if it will show a difference in accuracy but I have a great 1/2" load in 308 to test.

Thanks to everyone who recommended I wait and get the Co-Ax, I couldn't be more pleased. :)
12 years 3 weeks ago #11191

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by 10before15 on topic Reloading Presses

For my first press I chose the Forster Co-Ax, along with some Redding Comp Seating,Neck,S type (bushing) SB Fl, and a crimp Die. It has ran really smooth so far with minimal effort. Seems to be VERY constant so far. :twocents:
11 years 1 month ago #18614

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by glkingar on topic Reloading Presses

I like the pics and hope you don't mind if I use some of the ideas you have come up with. I am just starting out. Right now I am looking at purchasing dies and other supplies. I also have a couple of locking cabinets that I am hanging over the bench to keep my special needs daughter out of. (www.harborfreight.com/hanging-tool-cabinet-39213.html We have to lock pretty much everything that she might get into. Like our bedroom, the refrigerator, the chairs to the table. You probably get the idea.
Luck is the meeting of preparation with opportunity.
11 years 1 month ago #18809

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!