Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Decapping Military Brass

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Decapping Military Brass

This. I've always considered reloading to be very relaxing and rewarding. But I remember when I first started, it was pretty frustrating - dented cases, upside down primers, failing to add a charge, etc. But after I got my act together, it was pretty satisfying to hear the clang of steel downrange from a round I had built.
RLTW
11 years 1 month ago #18229

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic Decapping Military Brass

:I-agree: That and I am cheap. It's a good thing to do in the Winter here. Most ranges are closed so I shoot during the Summer and reload during the Winter. I like that I can make just the rounds I want to. Spend a lot of time and reload some accurate "special" rounds or just some plinkers that I can blow off steam with.
11 years 1 month ago #18238

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Decapping Military Brass

I too am disabled and got all set to reload,I have a "LOT" of new primed brass for the .308 the 06 .243 and several others.
My biggest problem is " TIME " and My ability to say " NO " and then the resisting the OH Dad,it will really help us out.ok,I`ma sucker. :banghead:
I do have a bunch loaded and ready but I have`nt been to the range with a chrony yet to see just how well I did.
I use the 'Small Base" die set and I have the digital powder measure which works quite well,but,I also have My balance beam scale set up and I double check every round.I do`nt know if You want to call that "anal" or not,to Me it is Accuracy that counts,and,after all,it is relaxing and takes up a bit more of time,if there is such a thing. :whistle: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
11 years 1 month ago #18246

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Decapping Military Brass

The hydraulic decapper arrived yesterday, even at 14 degrees this morning I had to try it. :( It is well built and comes with two precisely machined rams but only the Pakistani cases would give up their primers. The Radway and FN would bulge the primer but the crimps held fast no matter how big a hammer I used. They sent a sample steel case to show it works on them but times will have to get much tougher before I reload any of that stuff. Figures the brass that looks the best won't give it up. I think I have a plan to use the shell holder portion to fabricate my own tool...........gone too far to turn back now!
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 month ago #18842

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Decapping Military Brass

Powder Valley had Tula Berdan primers in stock last time I looked (about the only primers they Had).
The following user(s) said Thank You: dcamac1, jtallen83
11 years 1 month ago #19490

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dcamac1 on topic Decapping Military Brass

Thanks for the heads up on Berdan primers..I've got a lot of Berdan primered brass. Thanks again
dc
11 years 1 month ago #19505

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!