Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Type 6 FFL

• Thank you received: 85

Type 6 FFL was created by Dabu

Since I reload a lot, and I have a lot of free time outside of my 9-5 job, and ammo still can not be found within 50 miles. I'm considering getting a type 6 FFL for selling ammo...

Does anyone else do this? Your unsugar-coated thoughts are requested please :laugh:

Thanks
10 years 11 months ago #24292

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Type 6 FFL

I'm going to be doing it myself. eventually.
The hard part is CYA insurance. One bad round out the door is all it takes to buy someone a new rifle at the BEST of circumstances. If someone gets hurt? If lawyers get involved?

I'm not trying to discourage you, just saying you would be better off using our Type-6 to deal in factory ammo than trying to sell the stuff you make. It won't help much with the shortage though. If you can get the inventory, you can probably replace you 9-5 on .22lr sales alone. LOL
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by 13fcolt. Reason: spellin
10 years 11 months ago #24298

Replied by Dabu on topic Type 6 FFL

a good weight check of every round before I box them should prevent a bad round from leaving the doors. ;)

:cheer: I have a lawyer in the family, and I think I could sneek in a waiver that basically says "you can't sue me"

But yes selling 22lr would replace my 9-5.
10 years 11 months ago #24301

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Type 6 FFL

I have to agree with Colt when you start pumping out a lot of rounds fatigue and mechanical errors add up. The more rounds you manufacture the higher chance of an accident. Local cop just lost his 44 mag S and W to a double charged round. He was lucky he had safety glasses on.
10 years 11 months ago #24308

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Type 6 FFL

I don't think there is a waiver that can save you from negligence, that is what they will call it if someone gets hurt.
You sign a waiver to bungee jump but if the equipment is bad you can still sue the operator.
I'm not a lawyer but I've talked to a few............... few to many!

that said, GET IT! We need more ammo! :thumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #24321

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Type 6 FFL

I called 20 gun shops the other day before finding a place that 168 gr ammo in stock.

I was at Wal-Mart the other night and was shocked to see only 4 boxes of ammo in their entire case.

It would be great to have some more vendors on the site who sell ammo.
10 years 11 months ago #24331

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Type 6 FFL

It's the same here in florida... No ammo..... I miss 22 long rifle most... amazing.. They say it might be 4 quarters or more before it gets back to normal.....
10 years 11 months ago #24332

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Type 6 FFL

I hear you'll have a hard time getting primers.. And other components....
10 years 11 months ago #24333

Replied by Dabu on topic Type 6 FFL

In northern VA, there's always a gunshow going on, and of course most of all the popular ammo, 22lr, 9mm, 40sw, 45acp, 556, 762 all goes for very high prices within a few hours.

But allllllll of the reloading supplies sits on the shelf's, except the popular powders. But there's always a lot of good stuff.

The thought of selling what everyone else wants that what nobody else has is just screaming profits :lol:

So I think I'm going to stay away from the magnum loads. I don't have any magnum firearms myself, so even if everything goes back to normal I'll still have enough ammo just for me :P
10 years 11 months ago #24337

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Type 6 FFL

See any 175 SMK's on those shelves?
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #24339

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!