Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Type 6 FFL

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic Type 6 FFL

jtallen83,

they are there if you get in early on the first day, but by the 2nd and 3rd they're gone.
10 years 11 months ago #24340

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Type 6 FFL

I just received 500 SMK bullets from Lohman Arms. Took 8 weeks, but worth it. Found 5 lbs of Reloader 15 locally, so I am set. Might call Lohman if you need SMK bullets.
10 years 11 months ago #24352

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic Type 6 FFL

8 weeks for bullets?! thats toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long :(
10 years 11 months ago #24353

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Type 6 FFL

Lawyers are never your friend. My dad had a FFL just because he dealt in so many weapons with so many people...like Mr Sam...Sam Cummings. Sam used to come over to our house regularly.

"Samuel Cummings, 71, Trader In Weapons on a Grand Scale
By TIM WEINER
Published: May 05, 1998

Samuel Cummings, the world's biggest small-arms dealer, died on April 29 in Monaco after a series of strokes. He was 71 and had long reigned as the undisputed philosopher-king of the arms trade.

In a world marked by secrecy, deception, swindles and scams, Mr. Cummings stood out. He was open, had a reputation for honesty, and was a genial connoisseur of the profit found in political violence.

''The arms business,'' he told an interviewer in 1989, ''is based on human folly, and folly has yet to be measured nor its debths plumbed.'' His biographers limned him as a pleasant and law-abiding merchant of death.

His company, Interarms, did $100 million worth of business in a good year, and over the course of four decades it had many. It dealt guns and ammunition to dictators, despots, revolutionaries and counter-revolutionaries -- and, in one notable case, to both sides in a Central American guerrilla war..."
10 years 11 months ago #24394

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Type 6 FFL

Is that the same Interarms that made hi-power rifles in about 1981?
I got a 25-06 from a company by that name as a kid, sweet shooter till I used it up.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #24397

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Type 6 FFL

There was also a company by the same name, based out of Indiana I believe, that started making the Walther semi auto's back then as well.

I remember when the Interarms version of the PPK series of handguns was reported as "cheap" due to the risk of going off if dropped as compared to the original French version made by the original company or something like that.
10 years 11 months ago #24415

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Type 6 FFL

Both my Astra Sig clones were imported by Interarms.
10 years 11 months ago #24428

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Type 6 FFL

JT I cannot say for sure as it all goes back to far and too many weapons to remember. Interarms and another of his companies 'Ye Old Hunter' were based in Alexandria Va. Mr Sam was in control of it up until his death albeit he was not as active. in his later years. The company was held by his family after his death, a few years back a friend of the family bought the rights to the Interarms name and is now back in business, but not in the business that Sam was as an arms merchant...but in the gun business.
10 years 11 months ago #24474

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!