Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Relaoding Bench

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by super8mm on topic Relaoding Bench

very neat setup NightForce, thanks for posting it
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce
10 years 3 weeks ago #36612

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Relaoding Bench

Very nice Night Force, I am embarrassed to show mine. It is small!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce
10 years 3 weeks ago #36614

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Relaoding Bench

Here's my reloading room. I don't like looking at clutter, so I hid all my powders, bullets, etc. in metal cabinets which are much cheaper than wood cabinets and the shelves will hold 200 pounds each. I made my bench out of some 2x4s and one sheet of 3/4 inch plywood. I cut the plywood in half lengthwise giving me 2 each 2 ft wide x 8 ft long pieces. I screwed the 2x4 frame to the wall studs along the back and supported the front with 2x4 legs. I then glued and screwed the 2 plywood halves together on top of the 2x4 frame. Took me all of about an hour to build. I then drilled 2 holes in the top to run the electrical plugs to the outlets below like you see in computer desks. I then sealed it with 4 coats of Minwax's Helmsman Spar Urethane paint. This sealed the top and made it smooth and easy to pick up spilled powder, etc.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, NightForce
10 years 3 weeks ago #36616

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Relaoding Bench

I like how clean, well lit, and roomy your loading area is. Having those windows is also a blessing as there's nothing like natural light to make everything to see...
10 years 4 days ago #37550

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Relaoding Bench

Had my first bench as a kid on the back porch with windows all around, I sure miss that when I'm sitting in my dungeon with the one tiny 10 inch by 2 foot window half way across the room!
Nice setup :thumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 days ago #37556

Thanks. One of my future projects is to replace a couple of the windows which have fogged over the years. I like being able to look outside to watch the birds, squirrels, etc. It also makes this little space feel larger.
10 years 4 days ago #37565

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Relaoding Bench

How do you like the RCBS electronic powder dispenser?
I've looked at several brands but never found any consistency in reviews.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by jtallen83.
10 years 4 days ago #37567

I like the RCBS Master electronic dispenser. The finer the powder, the more accurate it dispenses. I have also used the manually operated RCBS Uniflow Powder Dispenser and the RCBS electronic is as accurate as the Uniflow. The larger tubular powders like H4350 are harder for both dispensers to dispense accurately when you are loading to 0.5 grain or less charge accuracies. Some of the tubular gains have to be cut by the dispenser to get the smaller charges like 0.2 accuracy. The electronic dispenser is much faster than manual dispensing because it dispenses the charge while you are doing other operations like sizing, etc. The electronic dispenser also memorizes multiple loads (calibers, powder types, various charge sizes of same caliber, etc.) so you don't have to readjust it all the time like the RCBS Uniflow requires. The manual Uniflow requires multiple adjustment attempts to get the charge correct every time you change calibers, charges, etc. With the electronic, you just punch a few buttons and your previous settings appear and are ready to load. That's the main advantages I see to the electronic. Even though it has been accurate for me and has a built in scale, I still check the loads on another scale occasionally during a loading session and it has always been accurate. I think the current Master dispenser resolved some of the problems people were having with the previous model 10+ years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, NightForce
10 years 4 days ago #37569

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!