Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

shooting other peoples' reloads

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic shooting other peoples' reloads

Personally, I don't do it but I have to confess. I've loaded a lot of pistol ammunition for two individuals. I know I was leaving myself wide open for a lawsuit but I did it anyway because we were all close shooting friends..My two friends are gone now, and no, not because of my reloads. :P

Today I reload only for myself but I do occasionally teach the fundamentals of reloading and I'm actually in the middle of creating a Microsoft Power-Point Presentation on this subject...
10 years 4 weeks ago #36583

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic shooting other peoples' reloads

IF reloading means using the same brass more than once then there is no shortage of reloads.

The govt stores tons of munitions in Igloos. I used to work in the industry. I did a lot of jobs one was working in small arms or in this case 5.56 and 7.62. Much of the stuff is very old and its pulled, inspected and tested, if it passes it gets shipped out to units if not then is broken down and goes to reload.
10 years 3 weeks ago #36594

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic shooting other peoples' reloads

Some questions I hope will add perspective.

Does using 1x fired brass make it a reload? Lots of manufacturers do this, some don't even mention this on the box.

Does using military stock that was pulled tested and failed make a reload?
Many companies do this, most even take all those components and reassemble them even thought they failed mil testing.
Some call this remanufactured some call it new just cause the brass was never fired.

Would you buy ammo from a company that only visually inspects it after loading?

BVAC and HSM (the two largest private ammo MFRs in the US both less than 30 miles from me) have neither strain testing or a comparator (weighs each round and discards rounds out of spec). Both simply shoot a few rounds through a chronograph and call it good enough. I am unsure if they lot test this way of simply test the first few new loads.
10 years 3 weeks ago #36617

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic shooting other peoples' reloads

Both HSM and BVAC have been trashed pretty heavily on their reloads in other Forums and CTD's customer reviews. I have some of both, that I have yet to fire. If I have any problems, I am going to break the rest down and reload them myself. During last years panic, I picked some up simply to have some ammo on hand, now That I have a reloading kit, I would rather load them with my preferred bullets any way. When I take them to the range, I will give a report.
10 years 3 weeks ago #36632

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!