Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Chronographs

• Thank you received: 547

Chronographs was created by Siscowet

Anybody familiar with this chronograph?

www.amazon.com/Shooting-Chrony-Chronogra...s=bullet+chronograph
9 years 10 months ago #40046

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by jdizzle3id on topic Chronographs

No but I just bought this one 2 weeks ago:

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028MTBJ4?pc_red...464705&robot_redir=1

I fired 72 rounds over it in one session and it failed to pick up 2 of the shots. Other than that I like that it saves strings and does some statistical analysis as well. Of course I did my own stats separately cuz I wanted to use a specific distribution cuz I'm a math geek.
9 years 10 months ago #40058

Replied by Siscowet on topic Chronographs

I almost got that one, but I wanted a remote read out that I could set on the bench. I will be doing my own math as well, simply to keep in practice.
9 years 10 months ago #40060

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Ranchwagon on topic Chronographs

I have the older version of the Chrony with the cardboard target. It worked fine and still does, even with a few bullet holes in the cardboard LOL.
9 years 10 months ago #40062

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Chronographs

I hate math :pinch: I never did find a use for a chronograph, just went with the load that consistently gave the smallest groups and didn't show pressure signs :huh:
Of course I always started with the milder loads listed in the books and worked up. :whistle:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #40063

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Ranchwagon on topic Chronographs

I used the chronograph to work up loads for maximum muzzle energy for hunting purposes. Where it was most useful developing a 44 magnum handgun load. Using the heavier bullet weights I ended using powders that weren't a normal 44 mag load.

I ended up with a 300 grain bullet that had over 1500lbs of energy at the muzzle. The only way I could prove that was to use the chronograph and inspection of the primers. I was only able to do that going to slower powders IMR680(if I remember right) That is about double a standard factory 44 mag cartridge load. It was accurate too.
9 years 10 months ago #40067

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Chronographs

Both sound up to the task...
9 years 10 months ago #40068

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Chronographs

Sisco- My friend just got one in the mail two days ago. He did what he needed and I borrowed it yesterday for over the weekend , his is the master beta ( say that three times fast). I plan on putting everything I have through the chrono on Friday night and Sunday. Trying to get some correlation between what I am seeing as factory numbers (ie bolt gun numbers ) and actual. This will also allow me to get better data out of the G7 ballistics program that I us. I will post video on Sunday afternoon to your thread if that's OK with you.
9 years 10 months ago #40125

Replied by Siscowet on topic Chronographs

:thumbs: Lib sounds like a plan. I hope to get out next week before the doctors get ahold of me and my back. Have to see what the son's work schedule is since I will need his help. Look forward to your write up.
9 years 10 months ago #40126

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Chronographs

Well I have a really brief report. Got to the range and set up. Basically its all plug and play really simple. Shot the first string , all excellent. shooting XM193 3358,3348,3351. Then on the next string of 223 XM193 I drilled the top edge of the unit and (*^%$#^%^& it all up. So I am at home ordering my friend a new chrony from Amazon. Note to self , my 100y zero is 2 inches low at 10ft. Feel like a douche, oh well not the first time. Will continue the review in 3-5 days. Sorry Sisco seems like a good unit I would go ahead and order one.
9 years 10 months ago #40291

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!