Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

NVS Problems

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Re: NVS Problems

13fcolt,

If you think thermal is the answer, but has the drawbacks you listed, you aught to check out the new digital ($30K+) ENVG, or AN/PSQ-20, scopes that digitally combine light intensification with thermal.

Oh, if only I was a multi-millionaire.

Jer
12 years 1 month ago #10951

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: NVS Problems

DANG those have gotten small. just WOW. This stuff is getting better.
I wonder, if I can get my old ass back to active duty, maybe they'd let me have all the new cool guy gear as an enlistment bonus?
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
12 years 1 month ago #10954

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: NVS Problems

Woah! Nice equipment! I'm just not sure I can justify an expendable that cost the same as my first house.

I found an interesting video the other day, but lost it. And there it was on the top of that youtube page:

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
12 years 1 month ago #10956

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Re: NVS Problems

Can you imagine Uncle Sam buying one of these for every soldier? Do I hear our taxes going up?

Charlie, That's exactly why I hope I didn't make a mistake by not waiting for the ATN Thor. Seems a much better solution for hunting than a light intensifier. Animals normally stay in the shadows even at night, so it may be difficult seeing them with a light intensifier.

Jer
12 years 1 month ago #10958

That's the main reason I'm interested in active IR. Hogs don't shoot back, so if we spot 'em with a light they can't see shadows aren't a problem. My concern is IR spot collimation. A 5 foot circle at 100 yds would make target acquisition interesting.

My experience with hogs is limited to the fall slaughter back in my childhood, so I've been studying feral hogs, and will put up a link to my results in a more appropriate place tomorrow. I also have a copy of the 1921 (revised 1934) USDA pamphlet "Pork on the Farm", and will post a link to the that as well. It's interesting stuff. You can see the 1949 rev here

Charlie
12 years 1 month ago #10959

That's the main reason I'm interested in active IR. Hogs don't shoot back, so if we spot 'em with a light they can't see shadows aren't a problem. My concern is IR spot collimation. A 5 foot circle at 100 yds would make target acquisition interesting.

My experience with hogs is limited to the fall slaughter back in my childhood, so I've been studying feral hogs, and will put up a link to my results in a more appropriate place tomorrow. I also have a copy of the 1921 (revised 1934!) USDA pamphlet "Pork on the Farm", and will post a link to that as well. It's interesting stuff. You can see the 1949 rev here:

Pork on the farm : killing, curing, and canning.

Charlie
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Charlie.
12 years 1 month ago #10960

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!