Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Optics Snob Eats Crow, Details Inside

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by sansone on topic Optics Snob Eats Crow, Details Inside

I like low power scopes on my AR10 & AR15.. because I have tired peepers and because the low power fits that style of rapid repeat shots (which is what I like in an AR platform)
11 years 1 month ago #18911

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by makeminearmalite on topic Optics Snob Eats Crow, Details Inside

I agree that scopes only let you see better! My boss is a Svarovski snob, and Browning bolt guns are the only rifles worth shooting. Well, I schooled him but good recently using an 80's vintage Winchester Model 70 Featherweight, out of the box, in .308. I outshot him prone, offhand, and benched from 100 to 500 yards. He was shooting a Browning A-Bolt in .300 Win. Mag.

My glass? Nikon Prostaff, 4x14, with a mil-dot reticle. $145.00 on sale from Midway iirc. His, Swarovski, $2100.00. Didn't bother to look at the specs. Funny thing is when we swapped guns, I still outshot him. And no, I'm not worried about my job. Now he wants me to help him learn to shoot better. MMA
11 years 1 month ago #19154

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Optics Snob Eats Crow, Details Inside

Its not the scope, its the shooter.

In the very old days of the Army: '03 Springfield, 1 mile target, Expert was worth $5 bucks a month, my dad got paid and extra $5 a mo when the average wage was a buck a day...
11 years 1 month ago #19157

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!