Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Quick question

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Moreau on topic Quick question

I couldn't find the old shim so I hack sawed a .45 ACP cartridge, clipped it down the side and bent it out. About to go fire some rounds and see how it goes. It had to be shimmed before and that was on a different set of rings so I imagine it's the scope, it's pretty old, but heck it's what I have for now and if it's consistent I don't mind a thin piece of metal that I can't see.

Thanks,
Joe
10 years 11 months ago #23151

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Quick question

If you just moved this scope from one rifle to another, it could be that you need to bring it back down. The bullet crosses line of sight twice, so depending on how it was dialed in on the other rifle, you could be trying to dial up from it's first intersection, which you don't have the room to do. If say for example it's topped out and the POI is sitting around 500yds, the bullet is crossing the line of sight just past 200 or so making you hit low at 100. Reset everything back to mechanical center and start again. Your scope has 52moa of adjustment, so you should have enough to get out to around 400-600ish.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 11 months ago #23153

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Quick question

On second thought I'd recheck everything including lapping the rings faawrenchbendr is right no way you should have to shim :cowboy:
AKAI
10 years 11 months ago #23155

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Quick question

With that scope there is no way he should be running out of elevation either!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 11 months ago #23158

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Quick question

I think you might have hit the nail on the head. I had a similar issue with an AR15 NM.
Moreau, what distance were you zeroing in at?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Siscowet.
10 years 11 months ago #23159

Trying to zero at 100 yards. The brass idea didn't work, it was too thick and put it at the other extreme. I'm going to remove it again, maybe buy some different scope rings, I don't particularly like the ones I have now, they have two pieces for the front and two for the back rings(the piece that goes over the top of the scope), I think I will have better results if I get one that is a solid piece that goes over the top of the front and back rings with 4 screws in each.
10 years 11 months ago #23160

the current scope rings look like this from the top of the gun
(( (( (( (( It has 2 straps on top
instead of the typical
(( (( It has one strap on top

Figured I might need to clarify.

Thanks,
Joe
10 years 11 months ago #23161

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Quick question

uh.. pics would really help with that whole clarify part. If you can't take any, try finding what you got online somewhere and posting it here? I'm fairly sure it aint the rings.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 11 months ago #23163

I really need to figure out how to post picture on here. Ha
10 years 11 months ago #23184

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Quick question

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it Moreau. Keep in mind though that file types like png, gif and sometimes jpg won't load for some reason though so try and save as many as you can as JPEG files and it should work fine.

When you are making your post, look below the wording field and you'll see a tab that says "add file". Click that to browse your pc and then load the photo. Once it has loaded, look for a tab that says "insert" which will appear beside where you photo has loaded.

Once you see that, simply place your cursor in the "wording screen" where ever it is you want the photo to land and then go back down and hit "insert".

The nomenclature for your file will then appear where you placed your cursor and you are ready to hit submit.

If you load multiple photos, I prefer to load them all first and then "insert" them once I have them all lined up in the add file area. You can load as many as 8 photos with each post.

I hope this helps.

Sharkey
10 years 11 months ago #23185

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!