Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR reticle

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

Moreau......
These are interesting.... I don't know much about these things... Don't know Vortex at all..... But the guys on this fourm are a bunch egghead shooters with aa few centuries of accumulated knowledge....... I ran this choice on the 1.5 to 5 mark4 by them... and got a lot of okidokies....

One thing I believe we are doing right is we have established the general parameters in which we wish to use the weapon.. And are looking for kit that will fill them... I think I went a little on the far side.. and should have payed more attention to the 1 to 4's with one inch tubes.....
I want to carry this gun around... I should possipably biased my buy with more consideration toward weight......

One thing I wouldn't do... Is get a retIcle with BDC scale on it because its silly if you shoot deferent ammo.... I would want some mil tic marks for hold over though.... Even on a 1 to 4 scope.. Because if I work out with the rifle I believe I will be able to make honest shots beyound 300 yards.....

I hope you get one that makes you jump with joy... Mine should be here tomorrow or the next day.......
10 years 10 months ago #25310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Moreau on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

oh for sure, I was only trying to give you some options that you might have overlooked. I always over research everything I buy especially if it is expensive or is a possible life saving piece of kit. BDC is great if you shoot the same ammo, or load your own particularly for quick range change shots where mil/moa ranging/compensating can be far to slow. Plus on most optics the red dot, or crosshair thickness is equivalent to a set MOA size. This lets you range and compensate with out using the BDC. If you shoot the same ammo, and IMO you should try to stay as consistent as possible, then BDC works fine. Ranging with Mil or MOA is still going to foul up if you are not using the ammo you adjusted your rifle for.
10 years 10 months ago #25390

Well I got my lovely scope mounted and bore sighted........ And it is very handsome indeed.....
I want to thank you all for helping sort it out.... The LaRue 104 mounts are supper nice.... Also installed a set of Magpul no memory groves grips... Big improvement..... The bloody gap is stupid though........

I watched hours of Video on installations.... So here is my bench setup..... Worked great... Piece of cake....

It's very good looking....

I'm going to the range tomorrow.. Enshallah.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 10 months ago #25486

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

Very nice. Don't forget the range report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: magi
10 years 10 months ago #25488

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

That's a fine set of rifles! Wish I were a little closer so I could help break the carbine in ;)

Keep us posted, the grip looks nice, between the finger bump on my factory grip and the rough spot above it I'll have to swap it out someday. How does it compare to the factory grip in thickness?
I got a real short trigger finger so those big fluffy grips mess with my placement.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 10 months ago #25489

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

Nice workbench. Looks a lot like mine. ;)

Beautiful rifles by the way.
10 years 10 months ago #25492

Man... I wish you were closer too..... That would be a hoot......
The grip is a major improvement...... I do not like memory groves... One subtle one can be ok.... But the stock grip is wrong and harsh...... there is not enough material behind the web of the hand.... Unless your a little chick or a kid....... Or you like to stick all your finger in there...
I have medium meaty palms but shorter fingers.... The Magpul fills the hand and allows me to have the first pad of my finger on the trigger.... Which is where I like it....
I have a smooth Hogue on the way also..... I'm going to swaps he finger groove one out on the sass..... It's not bad for that kind of.. In position type weapon... Comfy.. But not thick enough at the web for me......
The only thing that annoys me about the Magpul... Although it doesn't effect function.. Is the gap at the top of the back strap..... It's an AR15 grip..... Ok..... But after all these bloody years.... The should just buckup and make one for the AR10.... I'd pay a couple more bucks for it... I don't care.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 10 months ago #25499

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Moreau on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

Looking great, grats on the new setup! And like they said, lets us know how it all performs on the range.
10 years 10 months ago #25513

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

Very nice setups Magi. Thanks for bringing them in to share with us. A damn fine thing Sir... :thumbs:
10 years 10 months ago #25515

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x20mm (30mm) M2 with SPR recital

Good looking rigs, Magi.
How can 64 be a boring number when the Beatles wrote a song about it? ("When I'm 64" from "SGT Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," 1967. Arguably THE most influential rock album ever.)
RLTW
10 years 10 months ago #25525

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!