Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Nikon M-308 Soundoff

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

NF_ For what it sounds like your doing it may be that the M-223 here may be something to look at shoot-straight.com/product/nikon-m-223-r..._iy70CFUVgMgodwE0AWw my son has put that on his Rock River. You can always use the online program if you use the BDC, but for what you are doing I think the Nikoplex reticle is a good option, this along with some offset BUIS would give you a very quick handling weapon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce
10 years 2 weeks ago #36577

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

Nothing wrong with Leo's or Nikon's. Scopes are cheaper today than ever and the quality is there..
10 years 2 weeks ago #36589

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

Libertarian, that is a nice scope and that price is hard to beat! Thank you! :wave:

I've been on Nikon's site and used their bullet drop program. It's a nice program that allows the user to select the scope then bullet weight and muzzle velocity. My P-223 is a 3X with the BDC option so I ran the numbers then printed out the target with the yardage data....Pretty cool if you ask me...
10 years 2 weeks ago #36592

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by MsgtBill on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

Just a quick note, I finally got tired of messing around with the scope and returned it to Cabela's. The sales people were extremely nice and stated that they have had problems with a couple Nikon scopes and gave me the last M-308 they had with a Bullet Drop Compensator (like my original scope). The new scope works beautifully, bore sighted with only a couple of clicks and works great.

I recently purchased a Burris one piece quick disconnect mount and it works fantastic. It holds zero when removed and re-installed, gives me room over my iron sights, with plenty of eye relief. Very pleased with this purchase !
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by MsgtBill.
9 years 11 months ago #38103

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Nemesisin707 on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

This scope is on my short list. I have a couple of nikon scopes now and haven't been disappointed yet. For the price and the fact that it comes with a mount it looks good for my first AR 10 build :thumbs:
9 years 7 months ago #41893

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Smitty_nct on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

I have the M308 with the BDC recticle and I love it. This is actually my 3rd Nikon scope. I have the Prostaff on my 308 bolt action and it has never failed me. I have been shooting that setup for about 15 years. I also have a Prostaff on my muzzleloader that has the BDC recticle. When I bought it, I did so with the intentions of switching the 2 and putting the BDC on my bolt action, but I just haven't done it yet.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with a Nikon.
9 years 7 months ago #41915

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Nemesisin707 on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

I had a M223 on my 3 gun rifle and went to the xv patrol. Initially i want to see how far I can go out to, how it groups so I want a semi long range scope. Although, I was shooting with a friend that has viper pst, TMCQ reticle that might make a good "heavy metal" setup in 3 gun.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Nemesisin707. Reason: Add more textt
9 years 7 months ago #41921

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by tad77 on topic Nikon M-308 Soundoff

I have the M308 on my AR10T and it works great. Its nice that the scope mount is included. The Nikon Spot On program also works well with this scope. I also have a Monarch 3 mounted on a 30-06 bolt action. I am overall pleased with the Nikon optics for clarity, dependability and price.
9 years 7 months ago #42266

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!