Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Scope brand name

• Thank you received: 96

Scope brand name was created by txlongshotb4

Hello everyone! I know it has been awhile since I have been around, and I also know I am beginning to sound like a broken record with that statement...I promise you all, I have been up to good things-not just loafing around the bars.

I have been working on a project for the past several months... I have been working with an overseas factory to develop and produce a line of rifle scopes specifically designed to address long range issues. The R&D part of this project is still on going, and in truth it might be awhile before I start to see the fruits of my labors pan out. However, I need to start thinking about the business side of this endeavor. I need to establish this operation, and so I need a name...which brings me to the point of this post.

I've come up with a short list of names I might use for a company/brand name. Please chime in and let me know which one(s) you like...

1 LongGunner Optics
2 Trinity Optic Works
3 TenEx Optics
4 Valkyrie Optics
5 X Ring Optics

What do you think?
9 years 10 months ago #39880

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Scope brand name

I like #5, short, sweet, and to the point.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 10 months ago #39881

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Scope brand name

X-Ring Optics is probably the best of the 5 but since it's your own brand will your name or an acronym work?

Example: Smith Optics
9 years 10 months ago #39886

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Scope brand name

Longshot, good to have you back. Your ears must be ringing. I like X Ring. With your background I am excited to see what you come up with. As boring as it sounds, I suggest taking some time to put together a business plan if you haven't already.
9 years 10 months ago #39891

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Scope brand name

X- Ring , XR Optics, X Ring Optics, XRO, like it. You should be ready to send out some scopes for beta testing. What reticles where you thinking of putting in your scopes. What kind of price range are you addressing. Seems to be a niche in the low end FFP, Mil/Mil scope arena open right now. Nikon and Bushnell are making some in roads but still not on target quit yet.
9 years 10 months ago #39900

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Scope brand name

Hello guys. Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back here..turns out this starting a business thing is a time consuming endeavor! It's nothing new to me though-this will be the second company I own, so it's familiar ground.

It's interesting that the overwhelming-indeed unanimous- vote goes to x ring optics for the name. In every other group I have approached, Valkyrie has been the overwhelming favorite. I am still not decided, but I still have time. If push comes to shove, I'll take the top two picks and flip a coin...wouldn't be the first critical decision made on a coin toss. (No Country for Old Men-great movie.) nyhow, to answer some questions;

NightForce; No, my name will certainly notwork-my last name is Bland...not a word synonymous with good marketing unless you're in the covert disguise business.

Sisco; I do indeed have a business plan drawn up and validated.

Libertarian; My introductory product is exactly what you are talking about. It is a 1-6 x 24 designed for the R-15 type carbines and rifles that pretty much every gun owner in America owns at least one of these days. I had developed my first prototype in FFP, but I have since revised that into a 2nd focal plane model. have developed a proprietary reticle system designed to utilize a drop system for MOA so that the BDC will in essence be "one size fits all" for caliber, load, etc. I have also incorporated hold off points throughout the entire range in the reticle. My point is to keep the shooter off of the turrets as much as possible, and utilize hold overs for rapid and accurate ranged fire. I decided to use 2nd focal because since the reticle in graduated in very fine increments, it could not be used at lower agnification settings. The scope has a few other proprietary features as well. I have designed my side-focal parallax turret with the same "clicks" that a normal windage and elevation turret has, so that the shooter can "dope" his parallax and know how many clicks from bottom to the desired range he needs, so that he will not have to take his eye from the scope to index the parallax. There is also an over sized, removable cam on the magnification dial with a post for leverage.

Price point on this one will be around $300.00 or so.

I have a few other ideas in mind, but they will be for later models. I have devised a reticle system that utilizes a "dual focal plane"-as in both first and second focal plane attributes. The factory engineering team has already decided they can do it. I will save that little peach for my premier line up, coming up later.

Lots of big plans, and lots of things to do. I am finalizing prototypes now, then a bit of practical abuse testing, and then production. The website is built, but not published-no reason to do so until the product is ready.

That's pretty much where I stand at this point. I have tons of other things related to this going on...but more on all of that later!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Libertarian623
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by txlongshotb4. Reason: Picture didn't show up the first time.
9 years 9 months ago #40451

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Scope brand name

Longshot, sounds really good. I was getting ready to upgrade my AR15 HBAR scope since I remade it into a flattop. Now I am going to wait until you start marketing yours. It sounds exactly what I was going to be looking for.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 9 months ago #40454

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Scope brand name

LongScope, first I wish you success, not easy starting up a business, I have done it many times. I like the way you are thinking and the way you are talking, all good ideas and my guess is appealing to the buyers at a price point that is affordable.

That said the competition is stiff, so much so that there is a lot to wade thru. Case in point:

One of my AR scopes the reticle came loose. It was a good scope, I liked it but they don't make them anymore. So I need to replace it. I have often thought if I could have a dual purpose scope in 5.56/.308. configuration, you seem to be thinking like that. I think, believe there is a market for it.

Interesting in that for almost 6 mo I have been searching for a scope to replace the one that went bad. My target pricing was in the $3xx range. I look and just have not found exactly what I want. I seem to find this scope in my constant comparo's: www.midwayusa.com/product/640107/burris-...te?cm_vc=subv1640107

Burris MTAC 1x4x24.

I am looking forward to your product announcement...
9 years 9 months ago #40455

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Scope brand name

I'll be holding off on my next scope purchase till yous is out :twothumbs: Can't wait to give it a try!
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 9 months ago #40472

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Scope brand name

Long Shot - I like the way you are thinking, your first scope should draw a crowd. When I purchased my Nikon M-308 it was with the same idea( keeping your eye on the target as much as possible and not playing with turrets ). Its obvious by everyone's reaction that your on to something. I have seen a Sightmark scope recently that has made me rethink my dislike for illuminated reticle's, I hope your thinking of including them at some point. Also worth mention is the sudden increase in shooters competing in the long range steel matches. I can tell you there are not a lot of scopes in that sector that are cheap. If you could produce a FFP 4-18x56 Mil/Mil with illuminated reticle maybe a DMR type for under 900.00 you would simply take a huge segment of the market by storm.
9 years 9 months ago #40478

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!