Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Recommended Scopes

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by GreyGoose on topic Recommended Scopes

I would add IOR Valdada to the list, super tough, excellent glass, top tier stuff.
I am a fan of fixed power scopes, less moving parts means more rugged and dependable, so maybe the US Optics SS-10.
And for a affordable quality option you have to include one of the SWFA SS scopes, either the fixed or variable but either with side parallax adjustment.
8 years 3 months ago #47187

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic Recommended Scopes

There are two Valdadas on the list and a variable US Optics. The 10x US Optics and SWFA SS were not included because the author's "high end" cut-off started at $1500+.
8 years 3 months ago #47191

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Recommended Scopes

All right, guys. I ponied up for the Schmidt Bender PM II 5-25X56 (P4F 1/4 click MOA reticle), and the Spuhr 6 Mil 20.6 MOA mount (4601). The Spuhr will hit the house Monday. The scope is lagging behind because ITAR (what a load of crap!).

I'll post a pic as soon as all of the stuff arrives.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
8 years 2 months ago #47334

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Recommended Scopes

Got any pictures.
8 years 1 month ago #47336

The mount arrived Monday, and the vendor billed me for the scope on Feb 11. It's status is; "Order Being Fulfilled. Your order has been sent to the distribution center for fulfillment. We will provide a tracking number as soon as it is available."

I'll keep y'all posted.
8 years 1 month ago #47337

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Recommended Scopes

Your at their mercy Charlie, I am also waiting for a order. Been waiting for 40+ days for a kit to finish my winter project.
8 years 1 month ago #47338

Copy. I have run several projects over the years, and learned to be somewhat patient. In March 2014 I put my house on the market so I could move to the country and build a shop, and then my mom went into long term care. When my house sold I moved into hers and paid her rent so she could pay the bills. It gradually became apparent that she wasn't going to get better, and her house had major issues, so we spent a year fixing it up. We sold it in March 2015 (no problem with bills now :-) ), and moved to the country.

This photo was taken February 26 (last Friday). We're waiting on the mason to set the brick, but it's substantially complete (except for electrical and interior panels, and lights, and outlets, and switches, and .....). You get the picture.

Charlie

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

8 years 1 month ago #47339

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Recommended Scopes

Charlie,
That looks like a pretty small house for 3 people to live in. Also see a lot of houses on the other side of your fence, so it looks like you moved to the suburbs rather than the country. I was expecting to see a 1000 yd shooting range in your back yard. LOL
8 years 1 month ago #47340

I guess it's a suburb, but we don't call it that. I live just outside Dinkytown 12 miles south of Shreveport, LA. I have a one acre lot, and cattle leaning over the back fence. The yard is basically hay, and if I don't mow it at least once week then I have to bail it. lol

I specified 24 X 30 for the shop, and the bids came in at almost $30K. I didn't feel comfortable with that, so I reduced the size to what I actually needed. Either way it came to $70.00 per sq/ft which is pretty rich considering that just a few years ago homes were built around here for $100.00 per sq/ft! Hell, my first house cost $30K!

Charlie
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Charlie.
8 years 1 month ago #47341

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Recommended Scopes

Sounds like a pretty place. Nice looking shop. I just built a 24x24 garage and it cost me $20K. I did a lot of the work myself. I paid a crew to "dry it in" which means they framed it and sealed it with tar paper which cost me about $15K for labor and materials. The framing was too heavy and bulky to do by myself, so I needed multiple people. I did all the rest: wiring, roofing, exterior siding, doors, interior walls, ceilings, lighting, painting, etc. I figured I saved $10-20K, so your $30K estimate sounds about right.
8 years 1 month ago #47342

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!