Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Recommended Scopes

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Recommended Scopes

Charlie - Should be a good place to work.
8 years 1 month ago #47351

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Recommended Scopes

It seems to be just the right size. I moved the air compressor, table saw and miter saw in yesterday and trimmed out the overhead door (the carpenter didn't do that for some reason). Suddenly I have room to get in and out of my truck when it's in the garage!

No word on the S&B PM-II yet. I'm going to call the seller tomorrow and fuss at them.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Charlie.
8 years 1 month ago #47356

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Recommended Scopes

:twothumbs:
Nice looking workshop!
8 years 1 month ago #47357

Thanks! I was extremely lucky that the previous owner had the house built, and gave me a detailed list of which contractors and suppliers were used, and what the make and model of the brick, shingles, carpet, tile and paint etc was.

The house is a little too "cute" for me. It has taupe walls and carpet (all I see is light chocolate!), vaulted ceilings, and a freaking whirlpool tub in the master bath! So off white paint and plank floors are in the near future. I still haven't figured out what to do with the worthless tub.

Charlie
8 years 1 month ago #47364

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Recommended Scopes

Take the tub, put it on springs and hook up a commercial paint agitator. You could clean 100,000 brass at a time.
:pinch:
8 years 1 month ago #47402

The Beagle has landed!

My son and I were wiring the shop today, and I looked up to see the UPS dude strolling down the drive with a long skinny box. I am expecting one item tomorrow (a braker panel) and one next week (a holster and a BDU coat. Obviously this is neither one, so I'm thinking he has the wrong address. Nope. That's my name and address on the box. I sign for it. It's heavy.

I stroll back to the shop completely baffled. My son is baffled. He asks; "Do you think it's our scope?

This image is hidden for guests.

If the WX cooperates we will do that range report Friday.

Charlie
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Charlie.
8 years 3 weeks ago #47438

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Recommended Scopes

:drool: Looks nice! My next big purchase will be a good long range scope, looking forward to your review.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 3 weeks ago #47439

We will do that ASAP.

I'm looking forward to getting the rig assembled and to actually using it. The .338L project has been the slowest thing to get off the ground! First there were years spent fretting about the right rifle, then the rifle sort'a fell on me. Next thing was that nobody in town stocks .338L, so wait while the on-line dealer digs some out and ships it. Meanwhile I'm trying to select an appropriate scope and mount, and again I lucked onto the article referenced by funfred. After that it was all fine tuning, do and done. Except for actually receiving the scope.

I had no clue that S&B had shipped the scope. I have been checking the vendor's site daily and all is says, even now, is "Order being fulfilled". No tracking number. No email. Nothing, nillo, zilch!

The scope was drop shipped by S&B in Claremont, NH yesterday by overnight UPS, so S&B gets four gold stars. :-)

Charlie
8 years 3 weeks ago #47440

This morning my son and I packed the TRG-42 and the Sig MPX into the truck, and headed out to the range by way of a guy selling a table on Craigslist. We ended up buying the table and had to bring it back to the house so, long story short, we got a late start.

There was only one group of four people at Bodcau Range, and of course I knew them. So we shook hands, patted each others backs and, oogled equipment for 20 minutes. Then we got down to business.

We set the target at 100 yds, and started dialing the Vortex HS on the MPX in first. And spent about 30 rounds getting it to the bull (the dang thing wasn't even on the paper when we started!). Then we did a bit of fine tuning, got it to 1 inch around the bull, and turned to the TRG-42.

The Spuhr 4601 has 20.6 of MOA built in, so I dialed down 20.5 MOA and fired three rounds. My son then got one round off, and it was closing time, so we shut her down and headed to the house.

Using Hornady250 gr BTHP Match ammo (#8230) I shot the group of three at 2 right,1 low, and my son's shot is the one at 3.5 right, 1.5 low. The rifle and scope combo is the bee's knees as far as I am concerned. It just screams quality and good engineering. The bolt is silky smooth. The trigger has almost zero takeup, no creep, and a crisp letoff. It's almost as if you put your finger on the trigger, start to press, and the round is gone!

This image is hidden for guests.

We're going to push out to 200 yds and do some more extensive testing next Friday. I'll keep y'all posted. :-)

Charlie

maltmunchingmashmonsters.com/c2/AR10T/20160401_C2_TRG.MPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet
8 years 3 weeks ago #47464

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!