Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ACOG TA11E Questions

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:ACOG TA11E Questions

Congrats on your choice, I think its a good one. Handling may feel better, but you're better off without the chrome lined barrel (although it is easier to clean up, just problems down the road. Forward assist not necessary on a 308. So overall, you did well, and can put the money towards a riser and scope and mount. FTF may be a surplus ammo issue or just a breaking in issue. Sounds like the ammo. I know the temptation on getting a scope now. I've been in that boat and didn't have the disipline. You can go with the Nightforce and I'm sure you'll have a blast shooting with it while saving up for a bigger scope. Or wait. TOUGH CHOICE. Either way, enjoy. I know once I got my gun, I couldn't wait to get a scope on it.
13 years 10 months ago #4396

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by JimSchwab on topic Re:ACOG TA11E Questions

The FTF issue must be break-in related. I went to the range today with new NATO spec 147g winchester. Same issues as the South African stuff. I might take a box of FGMM tomorrow to see if it functions properly. I'd hate to think this rifle doesn't like the 7.62x51 I'm feeding it. I don't think it should matter at least.
13 years 10 months ago #4397

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:ACOG TA11E Questions

Try the FGMM and see, and try ordering 3 or 4 boxes of Silver State Armory load which duplicates the 118lr. Not the best but good quality. I'd say get a couple of hundred rounds through the gun of good quality ammo before deciding if you have a problem. I'm not a big fan of any 147 grain. A fine gun is like a fine woman, finicky, but when she is happy, you'll be happy. Every gun and woman have their particular likes and dislikes. Also, did you try refiring the FTFs, are you sure they seated completely in the chamber. I always try to fire them again, just to see what's going on. How many of them did you have? Once you have the gun broken in, if you still have a problem with good quality ammo, then it's time to start diagnosing.
13 years 10 months ago #4398

Replied by Laughing Elk on topic Re:ACOG TA11E Questions

Hi Jim. Congratulations on your purchase. Hopefully you find a load that works well with it. Keep plugging away with it until you find something that works, but IMHO use good quality ammo - particularly with surplus stuff. Read the various threads on different years and countries of manufacture before you buy. There's a lot of junk on the market.

Regarding Optics, I tend to use Liberty Optics. Most of the optics you've discussed on this thread are available there and they're good folks to talk with about your optics choices. If you call them they'll pick-up the phone and answer your questions. You may have another supplier in mind which is fine. Good luck and good shooting.
Elk
13 years 10 months ago #4412

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!