Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Nightforce are they worth all the money!

• Thank you received: 0

Nightforce are they worth all the money! was created by brnugent

I have maid my mind up on the gun for sure but having a real hard time
on picking out a scope. I will be doing shooting out to 800yds so need something big. I have read a lot on the nightforce scopes and some leupold. I have a real hard time beliving that the nighforce is worth double what the leupold that I am looking at but there are a lot of people telling me its true. What do you guys think?
13 years 3 months ago #6362

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

What Leupold are you comparing to a Nightforce NXS? The only Leupold, right now, that even comes close to a Nightforce is the Mark 4 line.

Nightforces are worth it! IMO, they are built better and have better glass.

Leupold is supposed to be releasing a new line, I think the Mark 8 series this year. We'll see if they can keep up.......
13 years 3 months ago #6367

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

I have three leupold vari-x 3 scopes on AR 10s, AR15 and a slug gun and a nightforce scope 2.5-10x on my ar10T. I never looked through a mark 4 leupold, but I can tell you the clarity on the nightforce is much better than my leupolds. Yes it did cost twice as much, but I think a mark 4 Leupold is pretty close in price to the nightforce. If I were shooting 800 yd I would definitely go with Nightforce. Easy to make adjustments for distance and windage and I can just click it back to the 200 yd setting for which it is zero'd and it is right on. The dang thing was almost zero'd right out of the box. I only had to adjust elevation.Took 3 shots to zero it. Never had that happen before.
13 years 3 months ago #6368

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

Absolutely they are worth the money and significantly better than Leupold for just a little more. Ask the SEALS. Also check out Valdada, which is in the same price range as Nightforce, has even better glass and a bigger line than Nightforce and scopes that were the first for 5, 6 and soon, 7 power variable ranges.
13 years 3 months ago #6383

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by AR260rem on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

I was in the same boat a few months ago when I ordered my AR-10T. I thought I would step up to a Leupold MK 4 but after reading all of the reviews on the Nightforce NXS and Benchrest scopes I took a chance on an NXS 12x42. The price difference was about $450, and the Leupold tops out with the 8.5x25, my decision was made. I have 3 Bushnell Elite 6500 scopes and like them, however compared to the NXS there is a huge difference between those two models. I couldn't be happier with the NXS. I love the clarity and brightness, even at 42x it is crystal clear and very bright. You can easily read small gas line markers at 500+ yards, its like a spotting scope for your rifle. I am glad I spent the money and would certainly buy it again. Everyone who looks through mine wants one, I think I sold 3 more for Nightforce in the past week :) Maybe you could find one at a dealer and look through it before you make a decision.

Also their benchrest line has rave reviews as well and is also significantly less expensive. It may work for you depending on what you are looking for.
13 years 3 months ago #6461

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

Well I can't afford either, A night force or a Mark 4, or a Elite 6500 tactical for that matter...but I have read alot about the NF and I can say that I think if I had the $$$$ to spend on one, I would...here is a little article about one NF...it is in the gallery under accessories...
www.ar10t.com/photo-gallery/detail/46

BMS

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
13 years 2 months ago #6510

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Amerikos on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

If you are shooting past 600 yards the NightForce is worth the price tag. Save up for it, use a good scope mount and use it on everything with a pictanny rail that can shoot well. The optics are amazing!
13 years 2 months ago #6514

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by AR260rem on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

That picture is worth a thousand words (and $$$) for NF. Awesome construction and quality. Hope they got the sob :)
13 years 2 months ago #6534

Replied by Amerikos on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

Woops, :blush: I realized my profile picture shows my SASS with my old Leupold Mk4 M3.

That was kind of funny when I was preaching on the virtues of NF scopes.

I will be more careful next time and take a new picture with my NXS 5.5-20x on my SASS.
13 years 2 months ago #6537

Replied by huntenthusiast on topic Re:Nightforce are they worth all the money!

Having really wanted to go with a Nightforce set-up but being able to finance a small portion of the balance, I went with a Leupold Mark 4 Illuminated TMR 8.5-25 and MK4 Rings. I don't expect to be shooting beyond 500yrds, yet, and knowing my shooting limitations I think this scope will work out ok. Plus the approx. $500 difference helped decide too. Once all this NW Ohio snow is gone, I hope to find out.
13 years 2 months ago #6707

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!