Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Leupold Mark AR

• Thank you received: 102

Leupold Mark AR was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Now granted this is for the AR-15...or being the M-15 but never the less a good view on how to install your scope..well just one Opinion..Hope it may be of help to some out there..with you AR-10 or your M-15 or AR-15..or what ever..you have...LOL ;) ......
hope it helps with your scope...
BMS

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
12 years 10 months ago #7884

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Leupold Mark AR

Don't bother with the Bushnell laser bore sighter. It looks exactly like the one you are using in the video and is a POS. It is very hard to get a fit with the arbors and when I did you could turn the laser in the bore and trace a 6 inch circle on the wall at 20 foot. It worked ok after I found center and sighted to that but not the quality I expected.
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 10 months ago #7901

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: Leupold Mark AR

I normally use a "chamber" laser bore sighter...but I bought it originally to do my son's 10/22 and used it on my M-15 (since mine took a crap :angry: )
I much prefer the "Chamber" sighters myself..much easier..more cost but worth it...
Can't wait to get out and test the scope//// I will of Course do Video of it...
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 10 months ago #7922

I've bought one of the chamber style bore sighters you speak of, NcStar, much better. I look forward to future videos.
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 10 months ago #7931

I'm curios, what torque settings would you recomend for scope rings? The instructions I got with my adjustable torque screwdriver said 30 lbs wet or 60 lbs dry, seemed like a bit much so I stopped at 20 wet.
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 10 months ago #7932

Uh...Torque Settings...?
I just go by what feels right..I know that isn't very PRECISE, but I think of it in the field way of thinking...
but from all I have read...I think 20 to 25 is about right...I would say if in "doubt" use some Lock tight though I don't use it my self...or Call ADM....
Hope it helps,,,,..
BMS

12 years 10 months ago #7942

By wet I meant with thread locker, I could've been a bit more clear now that I read it. The old guys that broke me in swore by it. It was somewhat new to the field then,maybe not new but newly affordable, they put it on everything but lunch!
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by jtallen83.
12 years 10 months ago #7953

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Leupold Mark AR

As it pertains to scope mounts and rings, thread locker (Loc-tite, et al) is a MUST. Without it, vibration from recoil and the movement of the bolt carrier will eventually cause the screw to "walk" out. The ADM one-piece mount I recently purchased even sent thread locker with the mount. A retired LEO friend of mine would call that, "a clue."
RLTW
12 years 10 months ago #7954

I knew what you meant....I didn't think you were talking about,
Um...won't say it. :dry: :laugh: :whistle: :laugh:
BMS

12 years 10 months ago #7959

My Friend Leb...as for being a must...well that depends...On your experience, meaning...I had put 1500 rounds through my AR-10 with the Previous mount..(LR)
and not once did I have a screw come loose...I am hoping for the same out of ADM..
It is a matter of Preference in my opinion...and yes ADM does send the stuff with the mounts...as does LR..except theirs is Blue Loktite...but no matter..
If I was going into combat on a full deployment...I would use it...but for my shooting...I have not found the need as of yet...Honestly I hope I don't...
Loktight is for Engine Parts or semi Stripped screws and bolts...but You never know...what may happen.... :dry: :lol:
BMS

12 years 10 months ago #7960

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!