Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

LAR8 Elite Operator Issues

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by sakrandog on topic Re: LAR8 Elite Operator Issues

Update - Rifle arrived today (fairly quick turn from RRA). Was not pleased that the damage to the ejection port was not repaired (as I requested multiple times) but am more concerned that the functioning issue has been corrected. I guess my one major gripe is that the rifle is now "not stock" and will require different operating hardware (different weight buffer) to keep running in the future. I would have preferred RRA just replace the upper and be done with it... Anyway, I will take the rifle to the range this weekend and see how it performs.
11 years 9 months ago #11837

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I took the repaired rifle to the range this weekend - only shot 40 rounds but functioning was 100%. The rifle recoiled much more "normally" and the expended brass showed none of the denting of the case mouth that the initial batch did. Obviously this was no thorough range session, but I feel that RRA did identify and correct the functioning issues. I am still not pleased that the cosmetic damage was not corrected as requested, but at least it goes "bang" now...
11 years 9 months ago #11886

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: LAR8 Elite Operator Issues

I wouldn't sweat the "not stock any more" thing. Use of a heavier buffer is pretty common on AR carbines regardless of caliber. Because of the shorter gas system, gas hits the BCG at a higher pressure which decreases the lock time of the bolt and increases the violence of extraction (among other things). A heavier buffer allows the BCG to cycle normally. I'm more surprised that RRA didn't use one from jump.
RLTW
11 years 9 months ago #11888

I finally returned to the range for a more thorough session and now the rifle will not consistently hold the bolt open on the last shot! Once again, the malfunctions occurred with a mix of quality ammunition and factory RRA magazines - I am at a loss as to what to do. I would sell the rifle but would hate to pass this "lemon" on to someone else. Does anyone have any experience with requesting a refund or exchange on a weapon?
11 years 7 months ago #12279

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: LAR8 Elite Operator Issues

Refund/Exchange: That's usually handled between you and your gun shop. I would call RRA and explain the new problem and let them "re-fix" your rifle. Once it comes back and you test-fire the rifle to your satisfaction, you can then keep it or sell it knowing that you're not pushing a problem rifle on to someone else..
RLTW
11 years 7 months ago #12285

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!