Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Barrel Wrench Source?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wielywilly-g on topic Re:Barrel Wrench Source?

Update, I just got my advanced halfquad and barrel nut from RRA and that barrel wrench will not fit it. If the 4 pins were at 0, 90, 180, and 270 it would be fine, but that odd ball pin (see above measurements) is about 0.050 off from going in. What a mess. It was from Midway with PRI 03-0085 on the bag. Beware RRA owners.
13 years 8 months ago #5199

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wielywilly-g on topic Re:Barrel Wrench Source?

After talking with Guido1, I am convinced the barrel wrench I got from Midway was not PRI 03-0085 and someone had switched it. Anyway, I filed about 1/3 off the odd pin and got it to fit in the barrel nut. I got the vice blocks in last night and was able to break loose the hand guard tube with the Ridgid 31365 strap wrench. After I installed the new advanced half quad rail, I could not get the gas tube to go in even though I had made sure to align the holes when tightening the barrel nut. I ended up using a straightened hanger wire going forward thru the receiver and into the end of the gas tube as an alignment helper as I pushed the gas block and tube in. It still took a lot of jiggling, but it went in the hole. It is good to go now and looks awesome.

Thanks to all of you here at AR10 for the advice.
Thanks for the gracious offer of your tools Guido1!
13 years 8 months ago #5249

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!