Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Barrel Length Opinions Needed

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Barrel Length Opinions Needed

Well I scratched the AR pistol idea and ordered an Armalite,SPR Mod 1 MIDLENGTH CARBINE:
www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=15SP...3e-812b-822e58014822
ordered an Eotech XPS3-2 for a sight, someday I'll get some NV to go along.
I have not been happy with the customer service on my Sig pistol, more issues this last week at the range, and couldn't find one positive comment from a regular Joe on their P516 in any length barrel. Armalite customer service has always been great and I know what I'll get from them.
I hope this latest shooting doesn't jam the system up again. I feel for the victims but why can't we just swat these flies and carry on with business instead of acting like scared school children????? All the shutdowns do is lead to more of the same incidents. Guess if we had a real leader people wouldn't be so scared. LIBERTY FIRST! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 7 months ago #28890

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Barrel Length Opinions Needed

JT welcome to the party, if you do a search you will find a study conducted by Naval surface warfare about barrel length. Awe I will cut to the end, 10.5 all the way bro, many advantages without undue decrease in accuracy or range. I bought a AR pistol last year, and use it as a SBR, after a couple hours of practice you will forget that the stock is missing. I did post some pics and test results, I found my happy spot with the weapon and put it into daily service as my truck gun. Here in Michigan there is no provision for a SBR and as of last year there are no more long guns in vehicles, as a CPL holder I am able to keep it in a locked and loaded configuration while in transit. I have a mag lock like a patrol vehicle would have. As I have said before I really don't like losing, and it ensures fire superiority on the good guys (me)side. By the way mine is a Rock River and I have never had a problem with it. Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 7 months ago #28895

JT sorry I missed your last post. I had stepped away from the desk mid composition
10 years 7 months ago #28896

Thanks for the search info. I'm thinking down the road I will build my own AR pistol from an 80% polymer receiver so the barrel length info will get put to use and I can save some more weight, the Sig was only going to save 3/4 pound over the Armalite. I had thought the Sig piston system was going to be the answer to the reliability issues but that doesn't appear to be the case. The Armalite will fit my need to shoot for now. They have to give me some time off after a year or so I'm thinking! I'll look into the RR pistol upper for the build. I do like the idea of a light, small platform to carry in my car ready to roll. All the different state laws make it a little confusing as to where my Iowa CC permit is good and what it is good for........when in doubt, pack it all! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 7 months ago #28898

JT go here www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html I looked and was surprised that Minnesota did not honor reciprocity with Iowa. Ill. well they just don't play well with anyone else.
10 years 7 months ago #28930

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Barrel Length Opinions Needed

Need a link or title, have searched and gone to their site and have not found it...
10 years 7 months ago #28945

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Barrel Length Opinions Needed

Might not be relevant here but, I kind of like this, hoping they come out with a magnum design, along with one of the arch angel kits`d make this into a real sweet looking and shooting pistol.
www.ruger.com/products/22Charger/index.html?r=y
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 7 months ago #28957

Cowboy- heres some of the backround , I didn't find a copy of the study yet but will check at M4 and LF en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Quarters_Battle_Receiver.
10 years 7 months ago #28962

The power point at the bottom of the page summarizes the results with some nice graphs. It was done at Naval Surface Warfare Crane Division
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleCowboy
10 years 7 months ago #28964

That power point has most of the info I'm wanting, wish I could have been there for the presentation! Thanks for sharing, :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 7 months ago #28966

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!