Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Reflex Sights

• Thank you received: 102

Reflex Sights was created by MrMarty51

I have never been around any of these things.
I am always seeing these things that looks like a flat top mount with a square looking magnifying glass square thing atop of them.
I see in the latest Cabellas flyer that they have this "Center Point" "Tactical Open Reflex Sight" and I wonder what the heck is these things.
For a savings of 75 bucks, bringing the price to $24.99 I am tempted to jump in and get one so that I can see what they are.
It seems that a very long while ago, I looked through something mounted to a pistol and after I finally got in alignment with it, it seemd quite cool, but, I juz do`n rememrs what the sight pic. was like.
Anyone thingk this Center Point thing is an OK buy, I mean for the price, it must not be a super sensational aiming device but more like an entry level thing, a sort of a, Lets us try something like this out, to set us up with a craving for, bigger, better, faster and more. :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 4 months ago #32281

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Reflex Sights

Those cheaper "optics" can be a crap shoot.
It may last, it may not. I cave up on cheap optics years ago. They are horrendous battery hogs, mounts are cheek and often loosen, some optics simply will not hold up to the recoil and lose their zero after relatively few rounds fired.

Buy once, cry once.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 4 months ago #32282

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Kayo on topic Reflex Sights

:I-agree:
Buy a cheap one to see if you like it, but understand they won't have the capability of a $499 Eotech or Trujicon. Those are tough and proven in Iraq and Afghanistan. Aimpoint is good as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: magi
10 years 4 months ago #32284

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Reflex Sights

What are good ones...? I've been thinking about these.... There ares so many....

I have this Inexpensive one.... But it is super accurate.. On my handgun anyway.... I wouldn't mind getting a little nicer one but I don't know what to get.....

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by magi.
10 years 4 months ago #32294

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by dfc5343 on topic Reflex Sights

I have a cheap one on my pellet gun. Combo Surefire light and Sightmark reflex and well...rats are near extinct.

FYI-I wouldn't go reflex on any 762. Better choice for 556/22 IMO.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by dfc5343.
10 years 4 months ago #32295

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Reflex Sights

Cool.... Thank you.....
10 years 4 months ago #32299

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Reflex Sights

Really depends on the application.i know guys running AimPoints on pistols and rifles. A reflex optic, EoTech, Aimpoint is just fine on a 7.62 carbine. Again,........depends on the application.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 4 months ago #32300

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Kayo on topic Reflex Sights

I have a cheap one on an Olympic Arms AR15. Out to 150 yards it is very accurate. Then you get into the MOA problem in that the Dot usually is too big for truly accurate shot placement. Is that a problem? depends on what you are using it for. It will still hit a man size target in the upper torso. The EOTECHS and other more expensive ones can partially solve this by finer optics leading to smaller and more brilliant Dots, but past 350 yards, they are still covering most or all the black rings. Which means they are accurate to within the black rings, but after that it depends on the ability of the shooter to maintain the same, consistent sight picture. At that point, scopes IMHO make more sense. For anyone staying within 200-300 yards, just for SHTF use, you should check them out IMO.
10 years 4 months ago #32303

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by dfc5343 on topic Reflex Sights

Or you can waste another $500 and buy a magnifier. Buy then you spent 1k. Might as well go with a Leupold or ACOG...jus sayin. I agree Kayo. Good for short range.
10 years 4 months ago #32304

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Reflex Sights

I've got one on my M4. It is a SERIOUSLY cheap site but works and works and works. I can nail human silhouettes in the head at 100 yards with slugs all day and this one has EASILY seen 500 slugs and probably more like 700 12 gauge rounds with nary an issue.

I did have to remove one tension screw on the side and one on the bottom and locktite them as they came loose at one point but since the locktite, never another issue.

I like them for my shotgun because there is ZERO magnification which is great for home defense and it's just an incredibly economical and easy site to use.

I paid like $29 bucks on Amazon and I'll add the link. They aren't Eotechs but I have 3 of them now on various things and love em.

Here's the Amazon link for these. The best thing about em is that if you bust one, your only out a few bucks and if you don't like it, again, you are only out a few bucks... :)

www.amazon.com/Sportsman-Tactical-Milita...inny+Rail+Base+Mount
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
10 years 4 months ago #32305

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!