Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Night vision help

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Night vision help

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 3 weeks ago #44527

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Night vision help

Here's another cheaper scope option.

www.amazon.com/Sightmark-Photon-4-6x42S-...escope/dp/B00NZ98OKG

I wrote a review in previous posts about buying cheap $500 NVSs like the Yukon which I will summarize as "DON'T DO IT." I also discussed the advantages and disadvantages of light intensification and/or thermal scopes.

Now a few years later there may be a good $500 NVS. My buddy is very frugal, to be polite, and will not pay more than $500 for any scope and he just purchased the above Photon XT NVS. He really likes it for hunting hogs. He said it is "very clear and far better than any Gen 1 I have ever seen, but not as good as a Gen 3." He said he needs to use an IR illuminator with it when it is real dark out and it is much clearer than the Yukon and is rated for higher recoil rifles unlike the Yukon and other $500 NVSs. This appears to be a very good entry level NVS to see if you like hunting/shooting at night.

Here is another alternative although maybe a little extreme.

www.wideopenspaces.com/injected-night-vi...2C%20OH%2C%20NY%2FNJ
9 years 3 weeks ago #44532

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Night vision help

I just don't like the grainy gritty low end scopes. I don't like the idea of twirling around in circles with a rifle trying to get everything I should be seeing in my FOV. With a ITT 3 gen tubes in goggles even used you see everything you need to see to direct multiple follow up shots. For shots over 300m that's where the thermal scopes shine and should be utilized. Also if your moving at all the goggles are a must, a scope just will not due.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, txhollowpoints
9 years 3 weeks ago #44534

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by txhollowpoints on topic Night vision help

Well guys I haven't gotten no nightvision yet but I went out coyote hunting using a red spot light and a foxpro hellfire call and got 3 of em in a night farthest shot was maybe 60 yards lol I missed the first one which was closest at 20 yards I was so excited I didn't think so I shot right over him forgetting about my scope placement with my 200 yard zero. But he ran to about 50 yards hit the call again and he stopped and I took his shoulder off. Best one was coyote at 30 yards running towards me and my buddy hit him with his open sight 338 ruger talk about ripping something in half
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
9 years 2 weeks ago #44607

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!