Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Delta style cheek piece.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Delta style cheek piece.

I don't think I would notice it. It sits far enough back it wouldn't seem to be an impediment. But training and practice are always good with anything new.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharkey
11 years 3 months ago #15250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Delta style cheek piece.

Thanks Sisco. Training is part of any weapon but I also have a wife to think about and try to keep the "twists" to a minimum. :)

Thanks for the info though. It is appreciated Sir.
11 years 3 months ago #15251

Went to the range today in less than ideal conditions. See my post, "Short day at the range". Decided to try out the HBAR with the cheek piece first. As i had taken the scope off to do some work, I needed to sight it in. The cheek piece definitely helps get a better cheek weld on the fixed handle AR's that have a scope mounted on it. As conditions were less than optimal, I put in a magazine with 15 rounds and worked on walking the shots into the bull ring, adjusting as I went. The first two rounds were off the target. Using Lake City M855 62gr cartridges. Results below. I really think the Delta Cheekpiece is a useful addition for any fixed handle AR that mounts a scope.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Siscowet. Reason: error
11 years 3 months ago #15349

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Delta style cheek piece.

I just ordered one of these cheek pieces. Gonna see how it feels. If it comes in next week, I should be able to even try it out NEXT weekend when I hit the range so we'll see. I like my stock butt on there rather than the adjustable so we'll see how it goes.

If I end up liking it, it'll save me some money in the long run.. :)
11 years 3 months ago #15554

Sharkey, I will be interested to hear how it goes. It is not a Cure all, but I find it better than it was for precision work. Holding my head up off the stock before made it a lot more hit or miss as far as accuracy. Some days good and coffee jitter days, not so good.
11 years 3 months ago #15566

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!