Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

New to an AR 10 looking for a new scope

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic New to an AR 10 looking for a new scope

I love my Leupold scope that's on my LR-308. It's a 4.5-14 LRT. It broke once after a three foot drop onto concrete (while attached to the rifle no less). It bounced several times. Broke the windage knob, but only (I think) because the cover wasn't on it. Either way, the shop I bought it from sent it back to the factory where they did the necessary repairs. It came back a couple of weeks later and all I paid was return shipping.

I've had good luck with Weaver's customer service as well, even though it took closer to a month for them to get it back to me. Supposedly the adjustment system for the elevation and windage knobs is more durable than that used in Leupolds. The comparison was made between fixed power high magnification scopes used by long range shooters, I think. They're constantly adjusting their scopes so it would make sense that they wear them out more quickly.

The one brand I'd never had a problem with, until recently, was Bushnell. Their Elite series scopes especially are good. This one though, took a three to four foot drop onto a ceramic tile floor. The outside of it is ok, but the reticle had rotated. The magnification adjustment still works and I bet the adjustments work as well, but I'm not going to try it. It will probably get sent back this week.
10 years 11 months ago #24143

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by MsgtBill on topic New to an AR 10 looking for a new scope

If you are still looking you might try the Nikon M-308, with Bullet Drop Compensator, 4-16 by 42MM and it comes with a mount that works great on at Picitenny (or however you spell it) rail system. I have one on my Ruger SR-762 and it works great !
9 years 11 months ago #38099

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic New to an AR 10 looking for a new scope

I'm lucky enough to have a few options. I have a Trijicon TR24 1-4, a Leupold VX II 4.5-14 LRT with the varmint reticle and a US Optics SN-4 1.5-6. Have a EoTech and a few AimPoints I can use as well. Really depends on the mood and how/what I plan to shoot.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
9 years 11 months ago #38114

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New to an AR 10 looking for a new scope

Nice stuff Wrenchbender, How do you like the US Optics?
9 years 11 months ago #38116

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic New to an AR 10 looking for a new scope

Have not had the time to get it out and shoot much. It is a great piece of glass, it is a pig, but so is my LMT. The quality is stunning, I really like it, should be able to get hits out to 600 rather easily.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
9 years 11 months ago #38134

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!