Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Why the AR-10? Your story.

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Why the AR-10? Your story.

In the early 70's Uncle Sam said I should join the Army. They even gave me my own number to make the event feel special. I've always liked the M-16 and bought an AR-15 in the mid 80's.

For about 10 years now I've been building AR-15 variants and the new flattop design makes the addition of a scope very simple and so much more natural to use. I've built rifles in the 223 Remington, 300 Blackout, and the 6.8 SPC Remington. The photo below is the 6.8 SPC which I finished up about 2 months ago.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I've always been a fan of larger calibers and since the AR-15 platform is so successful, the natural progression dictated that an AR-10 build was warranted and "needed". There's nothing like the ability to deliver surgical precision out to 800+ yards....
10 years 3 days ago #37907

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Why the AR-10? Your story.

I first read about the AR10 as a kid in the old Stoeger Arms Catalogue. They had an article about the new company Eugene Stoner and Martin Aircraft had formed called Armalite, and the new service entrant battle rifle they were making called the AR10. Even after the adoption of the M16 I wondered why the US military hadn't adopted that weapon. Go out to 50+ years later and a number of AR 5.56's bought, and I ordered a RRA LAR-8. I got tired of waiting after 5 months, and my LGS had an AR10B4 come in, so I snapped it up instead. Never looked back. Now I have an AR10T carbine as well. Of all my safe queens, they are my favorites.
10 years 2 days ago #37942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!