Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by swebb on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Charlie,

That's the way I was looking at it. However the only experience I have with armalite is the AR50...a totally different animal all together. Thanks for the reply..all the positive feedback is making me feel better about dropping the coin on this setup.
9 years 4 months ago #43517

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Bear on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Steve

I have an early AR10T with the 24" match barrel. As you know the current 10TBN uses a 20" bull barrel. I also have one of those along with a lightweight 16" upper. My 24" really likes Hornady 168 grain match ammunition with sub MOA groups the norm. The 20" shoots an average of just over an MOA with the same ammunition. I have just started loading RE15 and 168 grain AMax bullets. RE15 powder is available from stock. If you could find a 24" 10T, it might work out a little better for long range shooting, the velocity helps. My 24" has the free floating quad rail, Magpul PRS stock, and SASS accessories. It is heavy! I did not thread the barrel for a suppressor, afraid to mess with a good thing. I did change out the upper to include forward assist.

Good Luck

Bear
9 years 4 months ago #43524

Bear,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if a longer barrel would perform better. I will be buying this new though as I get a decent discount. so unfortunately I will be stuck with a 20" barrel. Hmm....this is why I asked. LOL
9 years 4 months ago #43525

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Check the "STOP THE PRESSES" thread in 10MOA.
It doesn't tell you what gun to buy but...
9 years 4 months ago #43535

After speaking with a couple of guys at Armalite I made up my mind and ordered the rifle. It should be here by Christmas eve. I also ordered a PRS stock, 20 MOA mount and a vortex viper pst 6-24×50 ffp MRAD scope. Already had a Harris bipod for it. Once I have the AAC 7.62SD suppressor I will send the upper back to armalite for muzzle threading and adjustable gas block. Can't wait to shoot this thing!
9 years 4 months ago #43717

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

:twothumbs: Santa is gonna be good to you this year. Congrats, that will be a nice rifle.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 4 months ago #43718

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Sounds like a great package :twothumbs: I'm anxious to here how it shoots and your thoughts on the scope, it's on my short list....well not that short of list I guess :lol:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43720

Yeah you could say that! I have wanted one of these for a long time. Tired of building everyone else's rigs ..it's time for my own! Lol
9 years 4 months ago #43721

I will report back once it's all together. I have done a lot of reading up on scopes for distance shooting and the bang for your buck seems to point to this one. I was considering the leupold mark 4 with M5 turrets, sightron, and nightforce. While the others are also nice optics, the cost vs features didn't shake out. Everyone I know that has a vortex raves about them and these same people have S&B optics, nightforce, and some others. So it's not just a one optic opinion they are giving me.

So we will see!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 4 months ago #43722

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

You are def at the fringes of the 308, but you are a reloader and that will help in reaching out that far. I would def go for the long bbl at 22 or even 24 in to get the accuracy you want.

let us know what you chose and how it performs especially what mods to attain the accuracy and distance you want...
9 years 4 months ago #43730

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!