Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

If 1000 yards is your goal check out the thread on the new Sierra TMK bullets.
9 years 4 months ago #43741

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by swebb on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Ha! Already all over it! I have 200 hundred rounds of federal gold medal match in 168gr and another 200 in 175gr. Going to use these for break in. Then I will load up several 168gr and 175 smks with various loads using varget and some other powders. Once I can get some of the 175gr TMKs I will work on some loads for those too.
9 years 4 months ago #43742

Here's a pic of the rifle. I am impressed with the fit and finish of the gun. The scope that's on it was just thing I had lying around. It will suffice for the break in process. After a bit more research, I have decided to look at another option for the permanent optic. Seriously considering the new Steiner T5Xi 5-25x56. Looks like a really nice optic. Once I make up my mind I will post back. lol

Also have an Accushot Monopod and an extended charging handle on the way.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by swebb.
9 years 3 months ago #44014

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Congrats on the new rifle, your going to have a blast. Just take your time and enjoy the experience. There are plenty of threads here to review and glean information from to help you through. Awesome Brother
9 years 3 months ago #44015

Thanks man! I have done a bit of reading already and had some concerns based on some other negative threads. There was on specifically on an issue with the dust cover not staying shut. Mine functioned perfectly as I had hoped...but I wanted to see if I could cause the issue. It was actually very easy to cause the cover not to latch properly. The spring tang that sits against the receiver if not in the correct position will hit the dust cover when trying to close it and keep it from staying put. Simply putting a slight bend in the tang will keep this from ever happening. silly really.
9 years 3 months ago #44016

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Nice looking rifle. You are going to enjoy the heck out of it. Might consider some offset BUIS if you feel you need some. With a Yankee Hill Machine gas block adapter you wouldn't need to replace your fore end with a railed one to do it.
9 years 3 months ago #44018

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Nice :twothumbs: Shoot the shit out of it :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 3 months ago #44021

So after following all the first impressions of the new Steiner, I decided against it. It also helped the insane deal I got on the Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS (4.5-30x50mm, FFP, Zero stop, locking turrets). Several had told me about the clarity of the XRS and I didnt want to believe it...but I am impressed. Clear and crisp thru the entire mag range. I mocked it up with a borrowed mount to check height and eye relief. I have a Spuhr SP-4616 on order that should be here in a week or so.

I also ordered the suppressor for it....Thunder Beast Ultra 9..Its about 6 months back ordered, so its gonna be a while before I see it...LOL

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 3 months ago #44204

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Swebb - Nice choice on optics, looks great and I am sure it is all the glass you will need. Also the monopod is a nice addition. Hope you get a chance to shoot soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swebb
9 years 3 months ago #44209

Replied by Michael_D_Henry on topic Thinking of purchasing a AR10T (A10TBNF)

Did you say that you are sending the upper back to Armalite to thread the barrel? What do they charge for that?
9 years 3 months ago #44212

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!