Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Scope Mounts/ Rings

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by SamXBones on topic Re:Scope Mounts/ Rings

I picked up a set of GG&G BUIS this weekend.

www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=199&parents=38,40

I paid a little more than what it lists for on the website, but I guess that's to be expected on the island.

So which mount would I need from LaRue?
14 years 1 month ago #3279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Scope Mounts/ Rings

I have heard of those, a few I know have them and they work good...but Not MI's....LOL :lol: Just Kidding...really GG&G make good stuff, I have some of their rails...OK to the mount...with out actually seeing the sight other than in pictures...I am going to say they are about the same as the ERS that I have...so You want to give your self plenty of room to adjust your scope....Have you seen how mine is set up....the mount is the QD LT-135....it set 1.93" to the center of the optic...so you are up off the gun a bit more..than usually...it is kind of a preference of mine and I and others have found it to be more comfortable for shooting, not all scrunched down on the stock. Check out the pictures in the article, and in the gallery, to get a good view of how it will set...here is the mount...
stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=67
Oh did I mention that you can order separate rings for it...if you order the 1" rings and down the road you get a 30mm tube scope...just call them and order the 30mm rings, they will bolt right on the base...One of the things I love about those mounts :kiss: :whistle:
Not to many other mount makers can say that.....they have interchanging rings and bases..

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3281

Wow, what a fiasco with the sights that I got. I went out twice and burned up almost 40 rounds before I decided that it definitely wasn't operator error and did some research. They sold me the front sight for an AR15, which is obviously shorter than the AR10 sight for a gas block. I kept shooting high at both 50 and 100 yds, and adjusted the sight post up just a little past the detent, and still couldn't even get in the frame without aiming at dirt...
Then, they didn't want to take them back because I didn't bring my receipt. Even though the sales rep that sold them to me stood right there and said that he remembered me coming in and buying the sights, and that he sold me the wrong part for the weapon that I stated I needed it for. I eventually raised a little hell and got my money back, supposedly... I paid cash but they refused to refund me as such, and would only put it on my debit card, and it hasn't hit my bank account yet.
Young Guns, Honolulu, HI near the airport.... As soon as I find a better shop here on the island I'll be steering clear of them. I guess maybe I should have posted this in the black list forum, huh?
I'm thinking of ordering a set of Troy battlesights, I'm really interested in the DOA aperture, just because it gives you a ranged reticle for 3-500m, but I have to assume that it's calculated for 5.56. Does anyone have experience with that setup, or with HK front sights with a standard A2 rear aperture?
BMS I'll be ordering my LaRue QD base as soon as I hear back from them about fitment and decide which rear sight I'm going to get. What are you using anyway?
14 years 1 month ago #3395

Dam Sam....excuse my french.......THAT SUCKS...they really have you by the "boys" down there... :angry:
You know crap like that just PISSES ME OFF TO NO END...
There are only a few that make sights for the railed gas block...some are a whole gas block/sight combo..
Call MI, they are not the prettiest but they will get you the right one...that is what I use...I can look around for others if you wish..
I thought you got your rear sight....? :huh:
The GG&G....to my knowledge all the rear sights are pretty much the same a height and functionality....it is going to be how high it is off the rail when folded and the rear bell of your scope...that is why I suggested the LT-135....it set up high enough to clear almost all the rear folding sights on the market...
I am sending you a PM now...
BMS.....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3396

14 years 1 month ago #3397

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by jay6ird on topic Re:Scope Mounts/ Rings

What about using the Armalite one piece scope mount? What are its drawbacks?

Thanks
14 years 1 month ago #3438

I prefer mounts with the cam lever vs the thumbscrew. This is not the voice of experience, just a personal preference based on deductive reasoning. I feel that cam lock mounts would be more secure if the optic goes on and off, and would have a better return to zero.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
14 years 1 month ago #3439

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by The Duck of Death on topic Re:Scope Mounts/ Rings

I saw a fellow at a match that had a torque driver screw driver and set the those thumb screws with that torque driver. I was amazed at how consistent he was from scope on, scope off to scope on again. I have never seen anything more consistent. Was always going to get one of those....
14 years 1 month ago #3440

I can't really say much on the "thumb screw" types as I did all my research on the QD throw lever types, they were what I wanted to go with from the beginning...But I can say the the LaRue mounts are superb and do have a "return to zero" aspect that is hard to find...providing you put them back on the same way you have them zeroed in....also not all throw lever types are the same or as durable....here is a clip of what I mean...."""""Warning"""""not for the faint hearted,,,,,,,LLOOOOOLLLL :lol:

BMS

14 years 1 month ago #3442

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Scope Mounts/ Rings

Sam you are on track as far as you and myself on combat ready status. Its easy no parts to loose and is generaly a MOA on return to zero. On our engagement ranges in the sandbox I wouldn't be switching things out unless we had the primary sights shot off the rifle. But boardem set in and iron sight shots at tallywackers at 800 to 1000 yds were no problem. The 308 ammo was running out of gas at 1100 but the AP was good to 1200yds. The M4s would make them dance like piss ants but thats all. The tallywackers got some M1 grands some where and had their act together untill we brung the M24s on line with the 300 Win Mag. That put them out of business. But a good set of throw levers do good.MSH
14 years 1 month ago #3444

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!