Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Bob Downey on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

Cheers!
Thanks to Armalite having stayed the course and developed and then resurrected such a fantastic rifle.
I'm proud to own one and brag when I can.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Learn to do things for yourself. Its good for you and makes you a better American!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Bob Downey.
12 years 2 months ago #10299

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

I have been contemplating this for a few days...I hope that my response will clear this up....Make PopCorn....

As with the First Cars made in the US...Ford...ArmaLite was the First to create the True AR-10...a .308 or 7.62x51 Cal. Rifle...this was to be the competion to the M-14 in the day...to better understand the point being made..you need to read the "History" of the AR-10...

www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Categor...4b-9e48-e56d7c3c05f7

Where in the beginning Eugene Stoner under ArmaLite Invented and Produce the first AR-10...you would not call a Chevy a Ford even though they are designed from the same Design to begin with...Correct.
As With Colt in the Future days...as the Quote "AR-15" was developed...all new comers could not use the Designation being Copy Right or Trade mark legalities...same as the M-4 title ...
As Stoner Progressed through the Rifle Industry..Being ArmaLite then Colt...and few others...Finally Arriving at Knights Armament...and Designing the SR....(Stoner Rifle) for them....it all takes hold....ArmaLite Position on this is warranted...because the term.."AR-10" has been generalized just like the AR-15, but in the case of the True AR-10 there are some Differences....
That is the Issue...also, just about every company out there has now got into the .308 platform....so everyone says..."I have a AR-10"...where it could be Flattering...but none the less...it can be Wrong when discussing issues or Parts....See my Point...
Brand name is a Personal Issue..if you are a "Loyalist" such as my self....
With the Recent "Redesign" Of the True AR-10..I feel this topic will progress even Further...but make No Bones About it...No Mater What..ArmaLite was the First and only True AR-10 out there ....some may say they have improved on it..and Some may Have...But there will be Only one True AR-10...ArmaLite...
AR Stand for ArmaLite...History StateS this.... :dry:
Target On...
BUILDING MY SASS....
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
12 years 2 months ago #10396

+1 MY FRIEND....OH YEAH...BRAVO... :woohoo:
BMS..

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
12 years 2 months ago #10399

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

HighMaster SASS has spoken the word and so be it across the land...ever more :)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by OleCowboy.
12 years 2 months ago #10402

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

Mind if I use this in a sig on another site? B)
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
12 years 2 months ago #10404

I wouldn't go that far...LOL :laugh:
It is just written History, and yes, I know my ArmaLite History...
I researched all the Platforms before I bought mine...I always came back to the Beginning.. ;)
BMS

12 years 2 months ago #10410

I don't own it...It is just the Truth... :dry:
Feel Free. :woohoo:
BMS

12 years 2 months ago #10411

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by ARMALITE TR on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

No problem.

TR
12 years 2 months ago #10412

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

From another forum:

"Eugene Stoner designed the AR-10 and not the AR-15. Stoner's assistants adapted Stoner's AR-10 (.308) caliber design with some changes to work with the .223 round.

The interesting thing is that Armalite never produced the AR-15 for the Army as Fairchild (who owned Armalite) sold the design to Colt for production. So, if you really want "the original production AR-15" you'd buy a Colt.

If you wanted the last .308 Stoner designed you wouldn't buy an Armalite AR-10, you'd buy a Knight's Armament Company (KAC) SR-25 (Stoner Rifle 25) that Eugene Stoner designed for KAC in the early 1990's when he worked for KAC.

All of this is just trivia because there are at least 15 manufacturers that make quality AR-15's style rifles, and at least 10 that make quality AR .308's - can't call them AR-10's because Armalite registered AR-10 as a trademark and only they can use AR-10 to describe an AR style .308 rifle."

True, mostly true??????????????
12 years 1 month ago #10785

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

Armalite TR,

You are indeed fighting the good fight. I own an AR10 myself and absolutely love it and am looking toward an M15 carbine in 7.62 x 39 for my wife. These rifles are gold and all others, who even THINK about using the AR10 nomenclature should just get a damn grip and come up with something like "Candy-Hands" or maybe even "AR10WANNABE".

You guys keep makin em great and I'll keep raising my family, safe and sound on your excellent rifles.

Comments from a proud American, a vet and ARMALITE AR10 owner.

Sharkey
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 7 months ago #12331

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!