Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by tangy003 on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

I understand Armalites position and the opinions of everyone.Would it then be incorrect to state"I have an AR style rifle"?Then you would actually be leaving all manufacturers out of the issue.Of course then you would need to explain what you do have and so on.To me When I hear the words AR 10..the only rifle that comes to mind is an Armalite AR10.JMHO
11 years 2 months ago #15263

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

How about calling the class "AR .308's" ? This topic, by the way, is repeated on just about every AR forum on the web, and some people really get testy, unlike this civilized bunch.
11 years 2 months ago #15275

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

One of my favorite reasons for being on this site. Damn fine bunch of Guys. It'd be nice to see some women shooters on here too for sure but from what I've seen so far, this site is just packed with a lot of damn fine members. :thumbs:
11 years 2 months ago #15293

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Raf on topic ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

NO matter how much one may get his feathers in a bunch, the term will be used. Now if one would say, "An AR-10 style platform", it would be ok I would think.

I might add that I am proud to say I am an AR-10 owner!!!
9 years 7 months ago #41662

Replied by 2ndchance on topic ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

That's what I do. I own an Armalite AR-10. Everything else I call an AR-308 platform.
9 years 7 months ago #41678

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

:I-agree:
Great Avatar, by the way.
9 years 7 months ago #41680

Replied by larryg on topic Re: ArmaLite AR-10 trademark.

I call the non-AR10s "other .308 ARs".

Like someone mentioned, too many cases of "AR-10 problems" not being "AR-10 problems".

Knew a guy who wanted to order parts for his "AR-10" which was really a DPMS and he insisted that if he ordered "AR-10 parts" that the company he bought from would know what he meant.

That didn't go well.

Only KAC and ArmaLite were making .308/7.62x51 ARs while all the other companies sat on the sidelines.

Now they want to act like they have some sort of "neva been done afore" newfangled products and many of their customers want to call them "AR-10s".

It's intellectual laziness. Call your rifle what it is rollmarked. Quite simple really.

It's like people calling all M14 clones "M1A".

I don't call my M15s "AR15".
9 years 6 months ago #41884

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!