Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

DPMS SASS Barrel?

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Blownchevy on topic DPMS SASS Barrel?

I haven't, I always have a flyer out of a 3 hole group. My friend who ordered his same time I did mine. Same problem. He is the shooter for the local SO and he went and purshased a bolt gun to qualify. Couldn't group under 1" with it at 100yrds. I will get local smith to check it out. Yes we could shoot 10k but the trip to target is a journey even with my Zeise.
10 years 10 months ago #24650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic DPMS SASS Barrel?

I had something like that happen to me. WOW always getting a flyer on the 3rd rd. This went on for some time. Then I borrowed my buddies gun and bingo, all 3 in the square. Then tried mine, flyer. After much going back and forth and several folks doing the same with my gun we discovered it was the REAR sight. It was not holding the adjustment and the recoil was moving it. Don't think that is your issue since your buddy is having the same problem.

Always enjoyed running I 80, little traffic and good scenery. I would get a bucket of KFC, Super Big Gulp 44 oz drink. Get out on I 80, put it on cruise, swing around in the seat so my legs were up on the passenger side dash, eat chicken and roll. That part of my travel was usually a 1000 mi day. I enjoyed thos long hauls going from Ft Lewis Wa to the East coast and back...
10 years 10 months ago #24655

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic DPMS SASS Barrel?

A loose sight would definitely do it.

Same with a loose scope mount. I'm an expert on loose scope mounts.
10 years 10 months ago #24663

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic DPMS SASS Barrel?

:clap:You just proved the former President of KFC wrong. 15 years ago he was asked why KFC doesn't serve breakfast. His response? " The class of people who are our customers don't get up before noon". He did'ntlast much longer.
10 years 10 months ago #24684

OleCowboy that's funny, driving your car like your watching a movie on a sofa eating chicken. Nevada is the right place to do it. We definitely don't ware of tires by turning. If any of you pass though and want to shoot give a call I'm always up to go shoot.
I get up B4 noon sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: magi
10 years 10 months ago #24701

I was going N on I 5 Ca out of LA to Sacramento a ALL day drive. I am kicked back, feet on the dash of my rental car chewing on a chicken leg and cruise it set at about 78 mph.

Suddenly I hear a horn honk and I look to my left and out the window and its a State Patrol car with lights on. I nearly spit out my chicken leg think CHIT got me a ticket now. He looks at me and waves to go forward. Then he accelerates and I am drop jawed as there are about 5 cars behind him all following. I get in behind and we are rocking along at 85 mph all the way in to Fresno.
10 years 10 months ago #24723

Yesterday I loaded up 12, 308 168gr BTHP match with 44gr N150 . I got a mechanical rest to go to the local range. I will send pics of results.
Thanks Again every1
10 years 10 months ago #24744

Look forward to the pics of the results Blown and speaking of Blown:

Jeep 4.0L Straight 6, blower 6 lbs of boost, 4:88, ARB lockers f/r, Dynatrac ProRock Dana 60 f/r Hi Pinion axles just to name a little.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by OleCowboy.
10 years 10 months ago #24751

That's bad A$$ more of what I'm looking for instead of my car. I have a 2012 rubicon I have been working on. That jeep of yours would sure be awesome out here in northern Nevada. My car pretty much sits in the garage now. I run it in the winnemucca street drags 330' 3.4 seconds @ 103 mph.
10 years 10 months ago #24787

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic DPMS SASS Barrel?

that is nice country..... makes me homesick ........
10 years 10 months ago #24797

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!