Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by 308WILLDO on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

i would trade my 24" nm barrel for a 20" one if your looking check with G.A. Precision and accuracyinc they both offer barrels for the ar-10 around 650 to 700 installed
15 years 2 months ago #1030

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

$600 is the max for barrel work. A barrel blank $300, chamber and fit $200, assembly and shipping $100. Any more than that and its a rip off. I just got in a shipment of barrel extentions for these AR-10 rifles and they are on a do not sale list. We make up barrels every week. My shooters have won the nats at Camp Perry 7 times out of the last 9 years (note not all with AR type frames) mabe I need to start making barrels up for those prices for public use. John out at White Oak Precision was one of my students in gunsmithing, I'll give him a call and see what he's charging for barrel work. I don't think its $650 plus for those rifles. Thats a lot out of line. MSH
15 years 2 months ago #1035

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

MSH - you know a lot about barrels - how can I contact you?
15 years 1 month ago #1092

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

You can go through Lilja rifle barrels and ask Virginia. I don't want to put all info on the air ways. There needs to be a change on this web site so as to send individals a message.
MSH
15 years 1 month ago #1094

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

MSH
If you are a member of AR15.com, you can send me an e-mail or PM - same user name Silver78 - I have been an AR-10 owner since 2003 - right now I have a 22" pac-nor barrel with 2" extended gas system. I'm looking at some additional modifications - and based on your posts, I think you know a lot more about this topic than most. Did you really teach JH of WOA? I was on the phone with him Friday - he's building a 6.8 upper for me. I thought he was the father of the extended gas system for the AR-10. I'm also a member of nationalmatch.us, 24hourcampfire & rimfire central if you can contact me through any of these sites, I would be most appreciative. They all have ways to privatly contact other members. If none of this works - I will call Virginia @ Lilja.
15 years 1 month ago #1096

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Silver78
Your going to laugh hard but I was doing this mess when JH was in dipers. He was one of my better students. I used the extended gas systems 30 years ago and have been teaching it for 17 yrs. They thought I was nuts using aluminum for the gas manifolds, but I see the rest of the world went to it also. I studyed under Stoner and along the way come up with lots of my own stuff. I did the side cockers almost 30 yrs ago and it made a lot of smiths mad because I wouldn't show how to tap the heat treated bolt carriers. I'll go down to nationalmatch.us which I am a member and see if I can get through. They got to crazy for me on the other sites. These guys seem real stable here at ar10.com so I will stick around a while untill its time to move on. MSH
15 years 1 month ago #1098

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

I have been following along with your posts MSH. I have been looking for a precision barrel for some time. I am not a firearms expert, but I do have 20+ years in Aerospace machining. What you have said makes sense. Long story short, no one I have spoken to about a barrel are interested at any price! If you are interested in doing anymore barrels I would very much like to talk to you more. Thanks, Bob.
15 years 3 weeks ago #1189

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Thats all I do is make up barrels and teach gunsmithing. Will be glad to make you up a barrel, have plenty of barrel nuts now. Shoot me your email and we will see what kind of a project that you have.
MSH
15 years 3 weeks ago #1190

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

Sent you a PM, did you receive it? Thanks, Bob.
15 years 3 weeks ago #1198

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Didn't get it.MSH
15 years 3 weeks ago #1200

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!